Posted By: Cookey Cathi - 01-06-2016 10:40 PM
I just heard through Facebook of the passing of one of my dear friends on the forum.
Cathi Boroussa Carpenter was a kind gentle and caring person who faithfully liked or commented on all my face book postings we have been in touch constantly since the old forum days , and I will miss her very much.. Rest in peace dear friend.
Posted By: Alpaca Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 12:22 AM
I was shocked to hear the news today. Cathi has been a fabulous Facebook friend. The site won't be the same without her.

I can't remember if I first met her on this site or on Facebook. Whatever it was, I felt as if I really knew her and loved the way she always acknowledged me on FB.

I will miss her alot.
Posted By: Dragan Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 01:14 AM
I'm absolutely stunned, & heartbroken. I first met Cathi as a brand new oral cancer survivor, when she arrived here. She was such a warm, friendly soul, & fit in immediately.

She had done so well for such a long time until the past 6 or 8 months, and after treatment for round two seems ready to bounce back once again, then the latest news hit, which she was still digesting. Does anyone have any information on what happened?
Posted By: KP5 Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 01:21 AM
I am stunned too. She just liked something on fb yesterday or the day before. I just can't believe it.
Posted By: PaulB Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 02:01 AM
Thank you for letting us know, Cookey. I'm saddened to hear of Cathi's passing, and remember her as a nice person who offered her help to me when I first joined here, some earlier fb groups, and enjoyed our conversation, especially about food. RIP
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 07:24 AM
This was shocking news. I will miss Cathi's Friendship.
RIP lovely Lady.
Tammy
Posted By: zengalib Re: Cathi - 01-07-2016 12:44 PM
This news hit me the same way that Charm's death did. I just can't wrap my head around it. I had thought that she was doing well.
Posted By: terrib Re: Cathi - 01-08-2016 01:22 AM
I have wondered what happened since Cathi seemed to be doing well and fighting back after radiation and her bout with pneumonia and the scare of a recurrence. I did see on facebook that she passed peacefully in her sleep. She was in an inspiration to many and fought the fight.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Cathi - 01-10-2016 11:12 PM
Rest in Peace. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Cathi - 01-28-2016 04:35 AM
Recently it seems there have been so many deaths because of oral cancer, and Cathi's passing hit me really hard. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person twice at the OCF walk in NJ and also knew her thru Facebook and the OCF forum. She was such a kind person, willing to help others, and a diehard Broncos fan! Hope they win the Super Bowl this year in honor of Cathi! RIP my dear friend.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum