Posted By: sweetpe1 A New Angel - 04-23-2015 04:05 PM
Last night on 4/22/15 my mom lost her batter against oral cancer.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have helped me along the way. I couldn't have been a good caregiver without your support and for this I thank you.

A beautiful angel

Heidi

Posted By: ChristineB Re: A New Angel - 04-23-2015 04:20 PM
Heidi, I am so very sorry for your loss. You were an excellent caregiver and advocate for your mother. May she rest in peace, free from pain and suffering. May your memories of happier times help to ease your pain.
Posted By: OzMojo Re: A New Angel - 04-23-2015 10:59 PM
Sorry to hear this Heidi. I picture your mother up there telling everyone how wonderful her daughter has been. We should all be so lucky to have such a devoted caregiver. Blessings to you and your family.
Posted By: donfoo Re: A New Angel - 04-24-2015 01:28 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Cancer is an evil disease. You did all you could to fight and get rid of it. It's so sad to hear this sort of story, for all involved as well as us here.

Don
Posted By: Alpaca Re: A New Angel - 04-24-2015 06:21 AM
Lots of love to you Heidi and to the memory of your mother. I'm so sorry this happened to her.
Posted By: PaulB Re: A New Angel - 04-24-2015 06:01 PM
I''m saddened to hear of the loss of your mother, Heidi. You both fought this disease as best anyone could do, having inspired many, and should be proud of that at this time of sorrow. My thoughts are with you.
Posted By: Uptown Re: A New Angel - 04-25-2015 12:03 AM
Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear the news. This horrific disease can be so viscious and unyielding. Your mother was so fortunate to have you by her side, through it all.

May your pain be replaced with joyous memories. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: A New Angel - 04-25-2015 10:54 AM
Heidi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. She was lucky to have you by her side. I lost my mother a few years ago (Alzheimer's) and I know how difficult it is for you especially the next few weeks. It does get easier with time. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. (((HUGS)))
Posted By: Di66 Re: A New Angel - 04-25-2015 09:33 PM
Dear Heidi , I'm so sorry to hear about mum . You gave such marvellous up dates , and did a wonderful job supporting your mum. Thinking of you
Love Di x
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: A New Angel - 04-26-2015 12:07 PM
Sad news, you and your family are in our prayers!!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: sweetpe1 Re: A New Angel - 04-28-2015 12:17 PM
Thank You all for the Condolences

My mom fought a courageous battle against this horrible disease.

Please don't be discouraged in your battle because of my moms passing. If the cancer wouldn't have wrapped around her carotid artery maybe my mom would still be here.

I always read the post from you all to her. I know she would want me to tell you to never give up. Keep your battle going . You can win.

I will always visit this forum from time to time.

Heidi

Posted By: gmcraft Re: A New Angel - 04-28-2015 12:40 PM
Heidi, we all know how hard you worked to keep your mom comfortable and what a wonderful daughter you are. My condolences.
Posted By: ConcernedDaughter Re: A New Angel - 04-28-2015 01:43 PM
Heidi,

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace knowing that your mother is no longer in pain. You certainly were an excellent caregiver and I know we shared many similarities in our parent's battle. Take care of yourself!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum