Posted By: jimandwendy Final Jim update - 01-04-2013 08:59 PM
Thank you all for continuing to pray and follow up on my husbands cancer and health. My Jim fought this disease with everything he had. He never gave up hope or his fight until there was no hope left. We started hospice at home on Dec 20th. I spent every minute of the day and night, going nights without sleep sitting a vigil at his bedside. We talked, we laughed, we cried, we planned his funeral, we talked about what my future and our childrens future held, the then when he couldnt speak anymore I just held his hand and told him how much we all loved him. Yesterday, on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:30 am my beautiful and amazing husband was released from his pain and went home to a place where there is no pain, suffering or illness. My heart is breaking and I cant begin to fathom how I will spend my life without this wonderful man by my side. I will miss him and love him every day of my life. Thank you all for your continued prayers and words of support. My husband is finally at peace and now I pray that I can get through this life without him.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Final Jim update - 01-04-2013 11:32 PM
Wendy, Im very sorry for the loss of your beloved husband.
Posted By: Maria Re: Final Jim update - 01-04-2013 11:56 PM
Wendy,
I am so sad to hear of your loss. I believe that you will find the strength to continue for your children's sake, and with the knowledge that he would want you to do so. I am glad that you had the precious time together at home. My prayers are with you and your children.
Maria
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 12:22 AM
Wendy, this is so sad. I hear you, your heart is breaking right now. How does one carry on without the love of ones life?
A friend once said to me " you will get through this" and so to will you. But, it wont be easy. Cherish your love and your life together and your family.
I will say some prayers for Jim and some for You.
Tammy
Posted By: PaulB Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 01:02 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss of your husband, Jim, and give you my condolences.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 01:37 AM
Wendy,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: kenswife Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 02:07 AM
I am so sorry to read this. I know exactly how you are feeling. You children will make you get out if bed everyday and you will get through it. Take it one minute at a time and eventually it will be an hour and then a day. Take time for yourself as well.

Jill
Posted By: Uptown Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 03:48 AM
Wendy,

Every time we lose someone to this horrible disease we all hurt and I am compelled to comfort you in some way. Words will never ease your pain but I offer sincere condolences for the loss of your husband and the father of your children. I am so sorry. May your pain become more tolerable each day. Your husband was so fortunate to have you through this journey.

Ed
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 05:20 AM
Oh Wendy, I am so very sorry for your profound loss. His passing as you describe sounds the best ANY human could hope for. You have been such a fabulous caregiver I know that Jim and your whole family appreciate your dedication. There are many difficult days ahead but hopefully in time all of your happy memories will help to ease your pain.

Many Hugs
Donna
Posted By: Kerri Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 02:21 PM
Wendy,
I don't believe that we have ever chatted online before. Forgive me, as I have been offline for a while.

I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

With great care,
Kerri
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 02:45 PM
Wendy

Words fail me. Your story and Jim's fight is one of the more poignant ones here on OCF. I hope you have found some comfort here. So sorry to hear of your loss
Charm
Posted By: KP5 Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 07:41 PM
I agree with Charm Wendy, you have had a huge impact on our family. The kids and Kev and I have prayed for Jim every night in our family prayers. Praying for healing in the beginning, then after your posts praying that he would be able to enjoy family until the end and when the time was here that he would go peacefully. It sounds as though those prayers were answered.
I know this has got to be unbearable for you. We are here for you if you need us. Not that some of us can even imagine your pain, but there are some who most definitely can.
Kathy
Posted By: julieann Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 09:15 PM
Wendy:

I just found out about your terrible loss, and have no words to say, except how sorry I am. It's not fair when something like this happens and we wonder why bad things happen to good people. You can tell by these responses that many who did not even know Jim, cared and prayed for him. Like you said, he is suffering no more, and that is the one thing for which you can be thankful. That, and the fact that Jim will always be with you and the children, watching and guarding over you - he is now your GUARDIAN ANGEL.
julieann
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Final Jim update - 01-05-2013 10:13 PM
Wendy,

I send my deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved Jim. I haven't been on the boards much of late but please know that I followed your posts. I am so sorry.

Anita
Posted By: aimlee311 Re: Final Jim update - 01-07-2013 12:37 AM
Wendy I am so very sorry to hear about Jim's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family as you make your way through your new life without him.
Posted By: tdphotoqueen13 Re: Final Jim update - 01-16-2013 05:03 AM
i feel your pain, i wondered how i could go on as well, since i was young when we got together and never really lived my life without him being there. It is very hard, keeping busy helps and having people around to bring u out of the blues. Family and friends will keep u going through those difficult times. my thoughts and prayers are with u.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum