Posted By: Snowflake Jevity 1.5 - 11-15-2018 01:29 AM
So the doctors prescribed Jevity 1.5 for my Mom's feeding tube feedings. Very very sadly, my Mom lost her battle with cancer just after we received a new shipment of food. Any ideas of what I can do with it? I hate to just throw it out but I've called the supplier, nursing homes, veteran's groups and hospice and no one can take it.
Ideas?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Jevity 1.5 - 11-15-2018 01:46 AM
Im very sorry for your loss.

Theres so many different formulas patients could be put on. We've had many similar posts over the years without any takers. Best thing to do is get in touch with the Oley Foundations Patient Exchange group. They match needy patients with donors. The person who wants the item covers the S&H costs (used to be about $16) and the item gets shipped to them. Its a very rare occurrence to have anyone local take the feeding tube extras. Hopefully thru the Oley Foundation you will find someone who needs your moms items.

PS... You called all the places I usually suggest. Unfortunately most of those places do not accept items anymore. The only other thing I could suggest would be to call local food banks, sometimes they take the formulas.
Posted By: Snowflake Re: Jevity 1.5 - 11-15-2018 02:57 AM
Thank you, Christine. I'll try that route. And thank you for your condolences. It is a massive loss.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Jevity 1.5 - 11-15-2018 01:42 PM
Sorry for your loss, Snowflake. I gave the formula to a local hospice. They were happy to take it.
Posted By: HorseGirl Re: Jevity 1.5 - 11-17-2018 05:14 AM
I'm really very sorry about your mom's passing. It sounds like she did everything she could, and so did you. I'm wishing you and your family peace.
Posted By: Magnum Re: Jevity 1.5 - 11-18-2018 12:39 AM
Snowflake,

I'm so sorry for you loss.

May these words help to sustain you, encourage your spirit and see you through this difficult time,

Susan

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum