Posted By: Will's wife My name is Susan - 04-19-2022 02:33 PM
Hello. My name is Susan AKA Will's wife. He had flap surgery March 23. I guess I just want to know how we are doing compared to other's experiences. We are fighting an infection which doctors say is fairly normal but when it seems better, it pops up in another spot. This is in the incision area under his chin.
Posted By: JackLH Re: My name is Susan - 04-19-2022 05:03 PM
Hey Susan,

I cannot help with your question but I want to wish Will and you only good things going forward with this.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: My name is Susan - 04-21-2022 05:05 PM
I’ve had this same surgery two times when the titanium bar got infected the first and caused it to fail. The second time I also had a minor infection immediately detected right after the surgery. That was cleared up through IV antibiotics while I was still in the hospital during recovery. Both institutions that did my surgeries were highly rated and this can happen anywhere. But these do take jumping on them with IV antibiotics administered daily to get rapid control of them. Wishing you the best with this, please ask anything else that seems out if the ordinary. I have talked to about fifty patients that have had this done over the years.
Posted By: Danny Castle Re: My name is Susan - 05-01-2022 11:20 PM
Prayers and healing your way.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum