Posted By: Chris72 Recently diagnosed - 04-18-2022 01:52 AM
Hello all, my names Chris. I have been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in my tongue and glands in my neck. Had a CT scan on Friday and I get the results on Tuesday. Not sure if I’m doing this post correctly. Here we go.
Posted By: Paan Re: Recently diagnosed - 04-18-2022 04:26 AM
Hello chris,welcome to the group ,let us know once you get scan results most likely you have talked to someone already about the plan moving forward with your treatment if surgery and radiation and chemo is in plans let us know.just post your questions here some of us most likely will be able to answer
Posted By: Chris72 Re: Recently diagnosed - 04-18-2022 05:00 AM
Thank you. I have surgery on April 28th to remove half of my tongue and my lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. I’ll definitely know more on Tuesday. Thank you agai
Chris
Posted By: Will's wife Re: Recently diagnosed - 04-21-2022 04:29 PM
Hope all goes well. My husband had surgery March 23. He is getting better every day. It is a slow process so don't get discouraged. We celebrate every little success. Yesterday had swallow test and now can have small amounts of liquid, very thin pureed foods. We are finding out next week about radiation/chemo treatments. I hope you have a good support system. Prayers.
Posted By: Chris72 Re: Recently diagnosed - 04-23-2022 02:29 AM
Thank you for your support. Happy to hear that your husband is progressing. How long was he in the hospital?
Posted By: Will's wife Re: Recently diagnosed - 04-23-2022 10:42 PM
We were there for a week. It has now been a full month since surgery. He is feeling enough better that he is trying to do things around the house. It makes me really nervous but he needs to feel independent so I try not to hover too much. Still a lot of healing to do. We meet with oncologist on Monday to see what the chemo/radiation treatment plan will be.
Posted By: JimmyG55 Re: Recently diagnosed - 05-01-2022 12:54 AM
Welcome Chris and best wishes on the surgery - keep us posted
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum