Posted By: MikeE New member Mike - 05-15-2021 02:36 PM
I have been treated for HPV positive mouth cancer. I finished my treatment (radiation and chemo ) eight weeks ago. I’m still having A hard time swallowing therefore I cannot get in the nutrition I need for proper healing. I am looking for food suggestions and or nutritional shortcuts for me to get in the calories I need.
Posted By: Dizz_zzey Re: New member Mike - 05-15-2021 04:17 PM
Hey Mike,
So sorry you're feeling rough. The treatment for our cancers are definitely a marathon in recovery. Do you have a feeding tube at all?
Posted By: MikeE Re: New member Mike - 05-15-2021 07:17 PM
I don’t have a feeding tube and think I can get through this without one. I’ve been eating some solid food for about two weeks. Mainly mashed potatoes, angel hair pasta, salmon and some cod fish. I’m running out ideas with those foods. The roof of my mouth in the back of my throat is still pretty raw. I hope is to get some food suggestions that will go down my throat easily.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: New member Mike - 05-15-2021 08:46 PM
https://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/94621/list-of-easy-foods#Post94621

This post by ChristineB, administrator of the forum, has a list of soft food that may help you. Do take a look.
Posted By: Barb3051 Re: New member Mike - 05-22-2021 03:24 PM
Hi Mike,
I found homesupply.net and started buying boost very high protein drinks for my husband, They have 530 calories in them and supply all the vitamins he needs.
This is the only way he can keep any weight on. He still eats what he can when he can but every day is a different world. They are not cheap and insurance won't pay for them but they work. Amazon carries them as well but home supply is generally the least expensive because they don't charge tax and they have free shipping as well. Hope this helps and best of luck.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum