Posted By: sandyseaweed New user - caregiver - 04-20-2021 12:44 AM
My husband, 56 yrs old, was diagnosed with Stage 3 tongue cancer from HPV (after having to get a trach tube just so they could get the biopsy) in December. It's been a long and hard road for him with 3 intense rounds of chemo that started in January and now he's in his final 11 days of radiation with weekly cisplatin chemo. He has his moments where he wants to give up and no longer wants to do the treatment. To me, he's so close to being done but I understand his thoughts and fears. I imagine most cancer patients have these thoughts? I just want to get him through these final days, but I get so worried when I see him suffering from the burning of the throat after vomiting and the excessive saliva. I came on here to see if I could get any help or suggestions.
Posted By: tlc356 Re: New user - caregiver - 04-20-2021 12:49 PM
If the hospital has a support group it may be possible to reach out to them. Perhaps an in-person visit by a survivor could help.
Posted By: sandyseaweed Re: New user - caregiver - 04-20-2021 04:28 PM
Everything is restricted right now because of Covid so there's only support for him in the waiting room with other patients. I'm not even allowed in the waiting room during his radiation or even be with him during his infusion frown So it's one reason why I came onto this site. I do know another survivor, but everyone is different and he didn't have all the side effects my husband is going through. Thanks for the advice!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum