Posted By: Johnnyboy.1 Advice before 3rd 6monthly check up - 09-16-2020 11:09 PM
Hi
Just joined the group, I have keratosis with mild dysplasia on floor of mouth. The area has gotten bigger
But no change in surface coloration or texture.
Iā€™d hoped it wouldn't spread as I stopped smoking ( everything) the day I found out .
Iā€™m shiteing myself ( Scottish for scared)
Thanks, any reassurance would help. šŸ™
Posted By: Dizz_zzey Re: Advice before 3rd 6monthly check up - 09-17-2020 03:21 PM
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry about your diagnosis. Do you know what's next for you, or are you waiting for your next appointment?

BTW I'm UK based too, although a little further South wink
Posted By: Nels Re: Advice before 3rd 6monthly check up - 09-17-2020 03:28 PM
Hi Johnnyboy,

Welcome to the group. You will find many knowledgeable and helpful people here. I am new as well and have learned a lot since joining.

Sorry to hear it has increased in size. By the title of your thread, it sounds like you are getting regularly checkups by an doctor which is excellent. Have you had a biopsy recently? Trust your body, take pictures week to week or month to month to show the progression to your medical team. Take notes and keep a journal of questions. Insist on a biopsy.

The good news is if you catch it early, the treatment and prognosis is much better. I caught mine late, stage IV SCC on my tongue, but they were still able to treat me thru surgery and radiation. I am now back to full function (work and exercise) after about 5 months. Some foods are still hard to eat but that will improve.

So stay on top if it and know that is good treatment options no matter what happens and many people here to help and support you no matter what. Hang in there and keep us up to date.

Best,
Nels
Posted By: Johnnyboy.1 Re: Advice before 3rd 6monthly check up - 09-18-2020 01:25 PM
Thanks for reply
Today at 0345 .... fingers crossed eh??
Posted By: Johnnyboy.1 Re: Advice before 3rd 6monthly check up - 09-18-2020 01:29 PM
Had a biopsy the day it was discovered when I went to get wisdom teeth checked for pre op... and back Benin so that was 18 months ago
Today will be my third appointment check up.
Been taking photos regularly, stopped smoking the day I was told which has been great for me and also made me stop smoking weed.
The area has spread a bit , but will see today.
Thanks for the reply.
Means a lot
šŸ™
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum