I have recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue, stage 1. I also have inflammatory bowel disease. I am looking to connect with anyone who also has oral cancer and IBD or another autoimmune disease.
Hi Laurabk, I also had SCC Stage 1 of the Lt tongue. Partial Glossectomy done on July 22 of last year. I return Friday for scheduled checkup, but have detected 2 tiny lumps on the Rt side of the tongue. I also have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis which is autoimmune. Also dealing with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) since November 2019 and now LUQ abdominal pain since February that I thought may have been due to high dosing of PPI’s. I was scoped and biopsied on 6 April and found only a mild gastritis, but are currently ruling me out for IBS. I have read there is a correlation between oral cancer a and GERD.
Hey there! I was recently diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tongue, and also have IBD. Are your conditions connected? I'm wondering if the cancer is related to a weakened immune system, or related to medication I've taken in the past. My gut has also been a mess the past few days, trying to keep the stress under control as that's a big trigger for me.

I hope you're doing well! Let me know how things are going for you and whether you have any words of wisdom.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum