Posted By: Msford Gut feeling its cancer - 08-10-2019 07:15 PM
Thank you in advance to reading. Im 30 years old and have myself convinced I have oral cancer. It all started probavly about 6 months ago I started getting this random electric pain in the back side of my tongue. This happened for about a month when I finally looked back there and saw a raised red patch as far back as I could see. With that and the pain I googled.. And immediatly my heart sank. That day I went to the dentist bc I didnt know what to do or where to start. They basically told me it was from my wisdom tooth. Ok fine.. Made me feel slightly better but in my head I thought why this why now? That tooths been there for 10+ years. So that was back in april. Everyday I cant help but think it really is cancer. I have this heavy feeling pain between my ear and jaw. I get this awful pain sometimes when im eating like my tongue freezes up. Lately ive felt this light numbing feeling on that side of my face down to my chin and lips. My husband lost his job a couple weeks ago. And im so mad at myself that I didnt go back to the dr. So today I looked back and theres actually large red raised bumps all over the base of my tongue. On the top in the back its like white with two large red bumps. So in my head it has to be cancer. A little history. I drink and ive smoked cigars on and off for the past few years. I have a 3 year old and an 8 month old that are my world. My sister was diagosed with s4 colon cancer at 25. Cancer is every where in my family. Dad and gpa had skin and gma and aunt had breast. I just dont know what to do or where to start esp bc I have no insurance now.
Posted By: ConnieT Re: Gut feeling its cancer - 08-10-2019 10:07 PM
hugs to you. the mind is a powerful thing. I've heard it said on here before and I will repeat it: it's not cancer until it's diagnosed as cancer.

I don't know anything about medical care without insurance so I can't help you with that but it would be best for you to find out if there is anything to worry about.

Keep us posted.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum