Posted By: LauraHink New here. Waiting on biopsy results - 01-27-2019 01:20 PM
Hey all. I'm glad I found this page. I'm 36 and a single mom to 4 year old twins. I just had a tongue biopsy 5 days ago. I had what I thought was a canker sore grow into something bigger, grosser, and more painful of the last 3 1/2 months. I've also had a nagging ear pain and sore throat. Got laryngitis 2 months ago and my voice hasn't been the same. And extreme exhaustion. It's awful. I go for my follow up with my ENT doc tomorrow and I'm really hoping my results are in. Also, the residual ear and jaw pain from the tongue surgery is awful! It hurts to talk, eat, swallow, anything! I was not expecting this! I just want some answers though.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New here. Waiting on biopsy results - 01-27-2019 10:43 PM
Welcome to OCF! Im very sorry to read about what you are currently going thru. Mouth pain can be intense! Day by day you will begin to feel better as you heal. Hopefully your biopsy results will bring good news that this is not cancerous. Only thru the biopsy can any medical professional determine if your "sore" is cancer or not.

Best wishes!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum