Posted By: bking A thank you note. - 12-08-2018 11:10 PM
Five years ago I searched this forum for stories that could help me make sense of my situation. It helped me through some of my darkest hours. By way of introduction and in an effort to give back, I wanted to share a part of my story. It was published in a local paper back in May and I'm hoping that it might lend a bit of warmth and optimism to some of you here.

https://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/the-killer-inside-me/Content?oid=16276540
Posted By: ConnieT Re: A thank you note. - 12-09-2018 03:46 AM
great article. so much the same as my husband's journey which is only 9 weeks out from radiation. thanks for writing it out for others to read.
Posted By: KristenS Re: A thank you note. - 12-09-2018 04:07 AM
Very good story. You captured it well, the feeling of always being scared to turn around and see what's attacking you next.
Posted By: VirgoMomof3Boys Re: A thank you note. - 12-11-2018 05:23 AM
Thank you so much for sharing. I do love that you advocate for the vaccine for HPV for the next generation to prevent others from having to go through HPV related cancers. It's so important because from what I've seen in my experience of having pre-teen and teen boys, it's more of an afterthought than an actively advocated vaccine.

I do hope your cancer never returns and that you are able to go on to fulfil your dreams for your future and thank you again for sharing your very raw and personal story.
Posted By: Michael Young Re: A thank you note. - 12-12-2018 08:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. I am going to have my dental X-ray soon, Osteoradionecrosis is really scary
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum