Posted By: Hopeful55 Cancer is back 12 years later - 09-29-2018 09:14 AM
My husband's biopsy last week revealed reoccurrence of oral cancer. His first cancer was 12 years ago. This reoccurrence is on the opposite side of his lateral tongue and seems to be much more aggressive than the first bout 12 years ago. Following treatment over a decade ago, the pet scan showed no cancer. We have an appointment with doctors Oct 8. Here we go again.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Cancer is back 12 years later - 10-01-2018 02:54 PM
Hello, I'm just so sorry to read this. I guess treatments will be very similar to what he went through 12 years ago. Surgery, followed by radiation? Where is he being treated as this matters for outcomes. The big Comprehensive Cancer Centers - CCCs who treat hundreds of head&neck patients get the best outcomes. Maybe also consider getting a 2nd opinion before accepting a treatment plan. You have both done this before and you can do this again. I wish you both the best outcome.
Tammy
Posted By: ConnieT Re: Cancer is back 12 years later - 10-01-2018 04:18 PM
Just wanted to comment and say hugs to you. Thinking of you and your husband and wishing the best.
Posted By: BryanB Re: Cancer is back 12 years later - 10-03-2018 02:45 PM
So sorry to hear this. My wife and I will be praying for you guys. Stay tough... you can do this. Blessings, Bryan.
Posted By: ValerieA Re: Cancer is back 12 years later - 10-14-2018 06:40 PM
Just want to say hello and I am sorry you are going thru this. My husband was just diagnosed after 11 years (almost to the day) cancer free. He had stage 4 SSC at base of tongue. Had partial glossectomy, radical neck dissection chemo and rads. I know what you are going through. We are in week two of chemo and rads. At least the first time you didn't know what to be scared of. This time I know. I will be thinking of you and your husband. Take care.
Posted By: VirgoMomof3Boys Re: Cancer is back 12 years later - 10-20-2018 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. My tongue cancer was also quite aggressive so please make sure while calling for appointments you express this to them. (((Hugs)))
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum