Posted By: Bobcatpt Non-Healing Ulcer - 06-13-2018 01:15 PM
34 years old and had a spot in the middle aspect of my left lateral tongue. Oral surgeon dx it as a non-healing Ulcer. He removed it and sent it off for biopsy. My question is are all non-healing Ulcers usually cancer. He told me I should not worry but everything you find about non-healing ulcers of the tongue point to cancer. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this and advice of what you have been through.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Non-Healing Ulcer - 06-13-2018 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Please understand that we are a group of patients and caregivers and do not have medical training. We are happy to share what we have learned through our experience but really cannot answer questions which require medical knowledge. Your best bet is to wait for the results of the biopsy to come back. In the meantime, try to stay off the internet and Dr. Google. It really doesn’t help. I would also suggest going to the OCF main site to read more about oral cancer. The information there is vetted by doctors and hence, reliable.
Posted By: tlc356 Re: Non-Healing Ulcer - 06-15-2018 01:09 PM
If you remain concerned, make contact with M D Anderson Cancer Center and have your Doc send the biopsy to them.

Your Doc most likely doesn't see cancer that often but that's all that Anderson does.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum