Posted By: LindaML Second Time Around - 10-04-2002 12:05 AM
4 years ago I had 60 radiation treatments and 25 days of chemo -- and now the oral cancer has returned. I'll be having a biopsy in a few days, but I know it's bad. Does anyone know the statistics about survival after the cancer returns for a second time? I can't find that info anywhere. Thanks.
Posted By: Julie Re: Second Time Around - 10-04-2002 05:51 PM
So sorry to hear of your reoccurence. I don't know any statistics, just wanted to tell you I will keep you in my prayers.
Julie
Posted By: Packer 66 Re: Second Time Around - 10-04-2002 06:10 PM
Ours is back for the second time too.......I have no idea of statistics, but remember we aren`t statistics................we`re us......and we`re special or we wouldn`t be on this board right now.............prayers
Posted By: kcdc Re: Second Time Around - 10-04-2002 06:29 PM
To Linda, Packer (& Dee):

It is so hard to read messages that are not positive. I had a very hard time concentrating last eve and sleeping last night after hearing about Packer's latest challenge. On the upside, I remain completely in awe of how much we all care deeply for our fellow members on this board. I, too, wish every good wish and am sending positive energy to Linda and Packer.

Please post more as the information is available.

Kim
Posted By: consue Re: Second Time Around - 10-05-2002 03:53 PM
What type of cancer did you have? Is it in the same area, same spot. I had tongue ca, had the tumor removed and 36 radiations treatments, that was about 2 1/2 years ago. Everytime I get a sore spot on my tongue I just know it is back. My ENT reassures me that my dry mouth causes some of the sore spots and so far he has been right. I know you must be going through a lot right now, tell us your story. My prayers are with you, be positive, be active and keep us posted.
Connie
Posted By: LindaML Re: Second Time Around - 10-07-2002 07:23 PM
My worries of reocurrence are (hopefully) not necessary. The oral surgeon just told me it's probably not malignant. He did a biopsy and I'll know for sure soon. Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes -- they worked!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum