Posted By: bking Anyone had radiation twice? - 06-16-2021 01:56 PM
I'd love to hear about your experience
Posted By: bking Re: Anyone had radiation twice? - 07-02-2021 09:32 PM
Let me put his another way. I just started a second course of chemo-radiation therapy yesterday (hypopharyngeal squamous cell)and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there for two timers. I'm hoping that someone out there can share what that's been like and any long term quality of life issues they may be experiencing. My first diagnosis was in 2013 (base of tongue)and I was told this new round seems likely caused by the first treatment.

Anybody care to take a swing?
Posted By: Neumann Re: Anyone had radiation twice? - 07-09-2021 02:36 PM
Hi, My husband had radiation twice along with a major dose of more chemo. On the anniversary of 6 years being cancer free from stage 4 hpv positive head and neck cancer , He was diagnosed with small cell in his trachea. They call it Extrapulmanary Small Cell because it was outside of the lungs. His radiation dose was not as strong as the dreaded first time but his Chemo was way more. He did well thru the treatment and didn't have many side effects from the radiation like before. He is 1.5 years out and every day is a gift. Blessings to you.
Charm
Posted By: bking Re: Anyone had radiation twice? - 07-11-2021 01:47 AM
Thanks for sharing. So much of what has helped me is hearing other peoples stories. Bless you back
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum