Posted By: tlc356 No lower teeth-what have you learned? - 05-18-2023 11:43 AM
I'll be going in for my 4th OC surgery in twenty years and this will take out my remaining lower teeth. For the last eight years I have had a partial denture that was anchored to my soon to be lost teeth. I beleive I'll be able to keep my original uppers.

What have people experienced with no lower teeth? Eating, speaking and how long before dentures? I do not expect to have radiation.
Posted By: tlc356 Re: No lower teeth-what have you learned? - 06-16-2023 02:27 PM
I am able to report that now, three weeks after the operation that took out all my lower teeth, I'm able to both eat and speak well. I have no issue eating many things including chicken, fish, scrambled eggs, french toast, lasaga, pasta, potoato salad and many other similar dishes.

Basically, I can eat anything that I first cut up into small enough pieces. I'm not losing weight which has to be the critical test.

Speech I believe is best measured by the fact that I seldom get people asking me to repeat myself. Converstion proceeds normally with minimal issues.

This is a lot better than I had feared.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum