Posted By: Dizz_zzey No More - 06-18-2020 07:56 PM
After maintaining my weight by consuming the right amount of nutrition orally, my team dietician and speech therapist signed off the removal of my feeding tube. I was told I would be sent an appointment.
The following week I had a face to face appointment with my team and they surprised me with the removal of my tube. It's gone. No more. Happy days.

I also have a date, hopefully, to remove my PICC line from my arm (I had to have another one fitted when I got ill in March)

Sad news is that I will be made redundant at the end of July. Recruitment is hard with a speech impediment, but as long as I stay calm during a phone call I should be OK.

I hope you're all doing well.
Posted By: Mokie Re: No More - 06-19-2020 04:01 PM
Wooo whooo Dizz. What a relief right. So happy for you.
Posted By: ConnieT Re: No More - 06-20-2020 01:39 AM
that is something to celebrate!
Posted By: Thankful Girl Re: No More - 06-20-2020 09:23 PM
Yay Dizzey! The hole in my stomach healed very quickly. I think I was swimming about 2 weeks later. Congrats!! Enjoy the rest of the Summer.
Posted By: Dizz_zzey Re: No More - 06-20-2020 10:35 PM
Thank you Mokie, Connie and Thankful Girl. It took 4 days for the hole to fully heal and I've enjoyed a long soak in a deeply filled bath. Bliss! Swimming pools should be opening up in the next couple of weeks. Not sure how it's going to work with social distancing still in place. Some zoos are open but you have to purchase your ticket in advance, so they might do that. We'll see. I have to buy a new swimsuit as I've lost a total of 38kg since Jan 2019.

Hope you are all doing well xx
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum