Posted By: Darrell G. Rakestraw Veteran - 03-11-2005 09:22 PM
January 1, 2005, I lost my medical insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield). But I had anticipated this and had already applied for and been approved for Veteran's benefits. Now all my healthcare comes from the VA. I now get a second chance to give my life for my country. I'm Joking, The VA ENTs are more thorough than my former physicians. They see me Monthly and my VA ENT, a tiny little young woman, scopes me on every visit because her hands are too small for the RUDE & CRUDE digital exam, I wish she was my Proctologist.
They are taking excellent care of me and thousands of other Veterans.
If you see or hear of any proposed budget cuts to VA, please I urge you to write your elected officials in protest.
Thanks
DARRELL
Posted By: Lisa in Florida Re: Veteran - 03-11-2005 10:26 PM
Darrell,
I am glad you are getting good treatment from the VA. I know the docs I see at KU Med also staff at the VA and part of the residency rotation is spent there. Thank you for your service and I will do what I can to keep the treatment coming to you and the thousands of other veterans.

Sincerely,
Lisa
Posted By: larry-b Re: Veteran - 03-13-2005 08:04 AM
hey Darrell,

glad to hear you are getting good treatment thru the VA. my sister-in-law got VA treatment and i was always impressed with the docs and med facillities. like you said, they seemed to be better than the local hospitals. another, thanks for your service.

cu,
larryb
Posted By: Uptown Re: Veteran - 03-17-2005 01:24 AM
Darrell,

My docs also treat at the VA here in Dallas. I am glad you are getting the treatment you deserve and I only hope your proctologist satisfies all your needs as well! eek

I hope you are doing well otherwise.

Ed
Posted By: Cathy G Re: Veteran - 03-17-2005 09:59 AM
Darrell,

The oral surgeon who finally discovered my tumor (after several other doctors thought it was nothing to worry about) told me that the reason he spotted it so quickly was because he had done his residency in a VA hospital and had seen many oral cancer cases there.

Cathy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum