Posted By: KirkGeorgia 1 year and all clear - 02-28-2005 06:22 PM
I'm kind of joining Robert with the good news of my first anniversary of rad/chemo treatment and my oncologist gave me a clean bill of health at my last appointment. My surgery came in May, but the biopsy was that all of the cancer had been killed by the rad/chemo, so I decided to celebrate on the anniversary of the treatments. I can easily remember my last treatment as it was the birthday present I gave my wife last year. My last rad treatment was on her birthday, the 27 of February, so I will always remember that one. It sure is a good feeling. Now my ENT is on a 4 month schedule and my rad and oncologist doctors are on a 6 month schedule. Hooray!
Posted By: Nicki Re: 1 year and all clear - 02-28-2005 06:56 PM
Dear Kirk,
A happy day, to be sure. Thanks for sharing a smile on this gray, snowy day. I had never wished time away before cancer hit this home, but now I cannot wait for every good medical appointment. I cannot wait for the day my husband FEELS like my husband and TALKS like my husband and ACTS like my husband. In the meantime, I am cherishing every moment that he is with me smile Give your wife a hug from me - - I surely know how hard it has been for her to see you through this.
Send love and wishing you good health!
Nicki
Posted By: aussieh Re: 1 year and all clear - 02-28-2005 08:07 PM
Congratulations Kirk

You and your wife deserve a BIG celebration. And what a birthday gift for her!

You have done well, love and light from Helen
Posted By: tizz Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-01-2005 01:55 AM
Congratulations also from me Kirk!

In a couple of weeks I will be 1 year from cessation of radio...I saw my ENT Onc surgeon last week and he didn't feel the need for the nose scope - cool! Just said everything looks good (blood test was OK, chest OK except for some change, but not important), and to see him in 3 months.

Doesn't it feel so good to have part of that dark cloud lift a little higher above your head? To one day disappear totally. smile

Cheers!

Tizz
Posted By: Sabrina Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-01-2005 08:01 AM
What a wondeful accomplishment Kirk! You should feel (and definitely sounds like you do!) very proud! Do something wild and fun to celebrate!!!

Sabrina
Posted By: Shelley H. Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-01-2005 02:26 PM
Congrats Kirk, that is fantastic news!! I hope you and your family go out and celebrate, you sure deserve it. I really appreciate hearing news like this, it gives me and my husband a lot of hope. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

Shelley
Posted By: maz334 Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-01-2005 02:41 PM
well done kirk usound as though u are reeling with excitment and so u should. thanks for sharing kirk im hoping for that feeling in a couple of weeks fingers crossed

best regards maz
Posted By: Marica Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-06-2005 07:57 PM
Kirk
I apologise , I somehow missed this post.
I just wanted you to know how happy I am for you and your family.
You are always very generous with your time, answering most of the posts , that says a lot about the kind of person you are .
Here`s to another 50 years of good health and happiness.
Take care
Marica
Posted By: minniea Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-07-2005 12:59 AM
That's great news Kirk. I'm so happy for you.
Minnie
Posted By: Fran B. Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-07-2005 09:23 AM
Dear Kirk; What an appropriate gift to someone who gives so much to others! Congratulations on your 1st Birthday since SCC. May you continue your wonderful recovery enjoying the best gift of all...your life.
With envious joy I stand and applaud your Day.
Fran
Posted By: Tonya Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-11-2005 11:46 PM
Kirk,
Just a note to let you know how uplifting your message was. Thank you so much for sharing the great news.
Wishing you the best,
Tonya
Posted By: Uptown Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-17-2005 01:27 AM
Kirk,

Here's a belated YIPPIE for you!! I know it is a little late but I can not let such a milestone pass without sending my regards.

Ed
Posted By: AzTarHeel Re: 1 year and all clear - 03-30-2005 11:16 PM
Congrats Kirk!!! I'm more than a year out from my last rad to my mouth and tongue (about 14 months actually) and about six months out from the finishing up the second round of rad to my neck... Definitely learning to treasure every day...
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum