Posted By: minniea Biopsy - 11-04-2003 05:32 PM
I had a biopsy done to the area of my tongue that has been acting up, had it done today. The oncologist feels it's chronic irritation from where my upper teeth are scraping and biting at my tongue all the time since the bottom teeth on the left side were removed during surgery. My tongue on that side has "swollen" to fit the open area where the teeth were removed, and they feel in my sleep I am biting and chewing on my tongue. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced this? They did the biopsy as he is a very conservative doctor and wants a 100% that this is nothing abnormal and to also see what type of infection is in there causing it to not heal. Waiting will be rough, I sure wish this would all just go away.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Biopsy - 11-04-2003 06:45 PM
Oh yes, I had a spot on the left side of my tongue right where the rear teeth were pulled that got extremely sore and I almost wore a hole in that spot from it rubbing aaginst the remaining eye tooth. I made a stent to cover the tooth while I slept so it wouldn't get rubbed so sore. I didn't really have any swelling, but it took forever to heal. Hope yours is something similar.

Take care
Eileen
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum