Posted By: Karen E Dizziness - 09-10-2003 11:05 PM
My husband Jim had 37 radiation treatments after his surgery. The last treatment was May 30, 2001. He still has times when he says he feels dizzy or lightheaded. Does anyone else have this going on?
Posted By: Gary Re: Dizziness - 09-11-2003 07:29 AM
Hi Karen,
I had dizziness for quite a while after treatment ended. Usually it was the result of standing up too fast. It has pretty much diminshed back to normal now. I was pretty "lite" also and I think that malnutrition may have played a role also - I lost over 60 lbs.
Posted By: zeinera Re: Dizziness - 09-11-2003 12:13 PM
Dittos here to what Gary said. I would feel dizzy anytime I stood up. I thought is was due to how much weight I lost. Be careful though as I was told it could also be a sign of dehydration.

It stopped about 3-4 months after I finished my last treatment.

It was 5 months ago today that I had my last radiation treatment and for me things are about 90% back to normal.

Randy Z.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dizziness - 09-11-2003 04:13 PM
I know we have addressed this sometime ago, you might want to search the archives.

Dizziness is a fairly common after effect and seems to get better over time. I have a feeling it is due to blood pressure changes to the head which are a result of the newly designed neck post-treatment. Since I am not a doctor you don't have to believe me.

It should get better as his body adjusts. smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum