Posted By: ConnieT PET scan results - 12-21-2018 10:40 PM
oncologist and radiologist were so happy with the results of his treatment but he came in there with the "how long do I have" speech again. The docs said they would have not ordered a biopsy but it's a good idea. it's definitive. next wednesday, he will have a biopsy to see if the cancer is gone.

just an update
Posted By: ChristineB Re: PET scan results - 12-21-2018 11:10 PM
Thats great, Connie! Im so glad to hear it smile

Sounds like your husband is (as we suspected)... depressed. Hes been thru so much, as have you right along with him. Its not easy to change from being the patient into being a survivor. I was sick for so long when someone called me a survivor when I was well over a year after my last round of OC, I realized I really was finally a survivor and not just thew patient going thru everything. Maybe theres someone at the treatment facility that would help your husband deal with his negative thinking? It cant hurt to ask but I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt the kind of patient who refused to go to any type of mental health apt.

Best wishes for good results from the biopsy. Keep us posted.
Posted By: ConnieT Re: PET scan results - 12-21-2018 11:26 PM
haha yes. counseling is psychobabble.. not going to happen! He is a very negative thinker. Woe is me.

he's upset as he says ENT doc said she didn't get it all so she wants to do the biopsy. I wish I had heard what the doc actually said. the other docs were not concerned. I guess we will find out eventually.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum