Posted By: Neicy tongue still feels weird - 12-22-2015 06:37 AM
I have mentioned this before on here and don't want to be a bore about it. But I am wondering if anyone has had their tongue, post partial glossectomy, continue to feel weird and "tingly" for greater than six months? I had my surgery April 22, 2015. The affected side of my tongue doesn't hurt but it does feel "pinchy" and "tingly." I have been starting to focus on this more than I want to and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it. Thanks. Denise
Posted By: Vanpaddler Re: tongue still feels weird - 12-22-2015 03:59 PM
I'm about a year & 3/4 post surgery and am still finding changes in the way my tongue and my neck feel. Overall, I'd say I have increased sensitivity. The doctors seem to think I'm doing very well, when I talk to them at my check-ups. So I figure it's just a case of nerve endings & tissues healing themselves after the fairly substantial trauma that they've been through.
Posted By: Neicy Re: tongue still feels weird - 12-22-2015 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Vanpaddler! It is reassuring!
Posted By: Vanpaddler Re: tongue still feels weird - 12-23-2015 06:06 PM
Glad to hear. Just don't be afraid to mention it to the doctor, next time you have a check up.
Posted By: Neicy Re: tongue still feels weird - 12-23-2015 09:48 PM
Well he asks if anything is different or hurts. I told him it still feels this way but it doesn't hurt and there is nothing new about it. He didn't think it was anything to be concerned about. But I still stress about it sometimes.
Posted By: Ali E Re: tongue still feels weird - 01-28-2022 06:14 AM
How long did it take for your tongue to have feeling back where the surgery was? Mine is still numb feeling and swollen on half and my surgery was 3 months ago.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: tongue still feels weird - 01-30-2022 11:55 PM
Allison. Please look at the dates on the posts you are asking questions of or replying to. The ones here are 6 years old. These posters are not likely following these threads any longer.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum