Posted By: Flip Been away a while - 02-21-2013 07:11 PM
Hi folks I have been away a while. My treatments ended in June 2009.
I have done quite well, so I would like to offer a word that this can come out well. I still have limited motion in opening my mouth. No double deckers any more. Saliva is low, but there. I cannot eat without a drink to go with it. As far as taste, sweets are still not there. I rock candy, all I could taste was the food coloring. I discovered recently that stevia actually tastes like it is sweet. I use it a lot now in tea.

The thing that is happening now is that I have started getting cramps in my neck muscles. My doctor thinks it is not a concern. I guess it is scar tissue as it is just on the side where I had radiation.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Been away a while - 02-22-2013 12:22 AM
Flip, always happy to see a patient come back with good news. Congrats on your recovery and doing so well. Best wishes for many happy, healthy years ahead smile
Posted By: Maria Re: Been away a while - 02-22-2013 05:55 PM
Hi, Flip
A friend of mine is about seven years out and also has neck cramps. He is pretty careful with his electrolyte balance. His doctors are not concerned, either (of course, its not them have the annoying cramps!).

Regarding stevia - I googled 'stevia candy' and got a lot of results. Everything from gummi bears to chocolate. Maybe you can find something tasty to have with your tea!
Maria
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum