Posted By: wfc Throat/neck area spasms - 09-26-2010 09:13 PM
Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I wrote. I am 15 mos off the radiation table and was feeling great until this past week. I started to feel "chocking" spasms in my throat/neck area. It feels like a spasm. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Just at my ENT and Rad Dr last month and got a clean bill of health. Not scheduled to see them again until 6 mos.
Any ideas????????????
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Throat/neck area spasms - 09-29-2010 10:00 PM
Sorry I have not gone thru anything like this. There are all kinds of after effects that you can get from radiation. I would check with your ENT. Hope this resolves itself quickly and its nothing to be concerned about. Be well smile
Posted By: malo5 Re: Throat/neck area spasms - 10-11-2010 02:17 AM
yes i have even 2yrs post i think it has to do with the rad effect on the muscles in the neck and sometimes my kids call me noddy when my spasms move my head its ok it feels good to laugh.

2yr post treatment
tsc mets to neck
7 weeks rad
3 chemo
back teeth out
peg in/peg out
last pet scan clear
so far so damn good
Posted By: Steve F. Re: Throat/neck area spasms - 10-14-2010 04:50 AM
Yes, I get occassional spasms in my mouth (Not so much neck). It worried me at first because I had very intense spasms when I first got sick. There's never been a good conclusion made but they are not frequent and everything is clear. As Christine mentiones it is still worth bringing up and getting it checked into.
Steve
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum