Posted By: mhupe ChristineB and Facebook - 08-12-2009 11:29 PM
If you are on Facebook, please join the group "We are here for you ChristineB".

As many of you know, ChristineB is facing a major surgery later this month and recovery can be lonely business. I'm sure her wonderful son, Travis, will keep us updated on her shenanigans here during recovery...and we'll have lots of opportunity to send messages on this forum.

Although, I know that ChristineB also is on Facebook...and, I thought it would be fun to create a virtual support group for her there as well. (Can an OC patient ever have too much support??)

Thanks to those of you who have joined already and written words of encouragement on her group wall. I'm hoping we can keep her FB wall filled with motivation daily as she warriors her way through this third round of treatment.

If you have trouble finding the group, send me an email or a friend request on FB and I'll send you the link. My FB name is Margaret Hupe.

Thanks in advance for joining to support our wonderful friend, ChristineB.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-13-2009 03:14 AM
Margaret,

This is a wonderful thing you are doing, how lucky Chritine is to have you to support her like this. Truly a good deed . . .

How lucky we are to have Christine, she has been such a great form of support to everyone on this forum, now she needs us. Please send her a message as Margaret stated, caring words go a long way . . .
Posted By: mhupe Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-14-2009 02:38 AM
It's so nice that we have 32 members in Christine's FB support group. You all have left such nice messages. It would be tough to find kinder and more compassionate people than the folks on this board.

Let's keep filling up her wall and encourage and support her as she fights round 3...I know we all agree that she is one special lady!!
Posted By: Malka Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-14-2009 03:36 AM
I have a fb page but it is a mystery how to use it. Please explain how to get on
christine's page.
Thanks
Posted By: mhupe Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-14-2009 06:41 PM
Malka,

If you friend me, or send me a facebook email...I will send you the link to ChristineB's page.

Thanks!
Posted By: Leslie B Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-14-2009 06:43 PM
Or just do a Facebook search for ChristineB (all one word) -- it's the first thing that comes up. That's how I found it.
Posted By: mhupe Re: ChristineB and Facebook - 08-18-2009 04:51 AM
I just posted some pics of Christine's adventure to Maryland from this last weekend. They are on ChristineB's group facebook page. You gotta love our Christine...out and about while some (possibly someone like me me??) might be tempted to sit home and wonder why me? Christine is such an inspiration! Check out the pics! :-)

If any of you get some good pics of our ChristineB, send them to me or I'll set you up as an admin so you can load them on her fan club site on Facebook. :-)
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum