Posted By: Mary M where is Mark? - 01-22-2006 04:05 PM
I've only been on this site for a couple of months so please let me know if it goes against protocol to ask about someone but I always find Mark's input and presence on the site so helpful.

Perhaps he's on vacation but he hasn't posted his early January. Has anyone heard from him lately?

Mary
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: where is Mark? - 01-22-2006 08:56 PM
I haven't heard from Mark or seen him around for sometime, which is quite unlike him. He does own his own business and that may be taking him away. We should send him an email to enquire after him, and see what's what......
Posted By: Anita210 Re: where is Mark? - 01-22-2006 09:45 PM
I'll chime in here, too. When I first discovered this site, he sent me a couple of PMs that really made a difference. I love his good advice mixed with some good humor. Mark, if you read this - YOU'RE GREAT.

Anita
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: where is Mark? - 01-22-2006 11:59 PM
Sent Mark an email tonight asking him to check in with me or the board, hopefully we'll hear back soon that he's just been fishing in one of those 10,000 lakes....
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: where is Mark? - 01-23-2006 02:03 AM
Emails results

You
Posted By: Mary M Re: where is Mark? - 01-23-2006 07:51 AM
Brian - thanks for checking in with Mark. It's great that Mark's health is good; not so great that his work life is so challenging right now.

Mary
Posted By: JAM Re: where is Mark? - 01-24-2006 12:14 AM
Mark, doesn't sound like you will get to read this, but I'm glad your health is o.k. And as a small business owner, struggling with hugh liability insurance cost increases, fuel surcharges on every delivery,increasing property taxes and sales taxes, not to mention cost of goods increases, if someone was trying to unionize our shop, they would politely be asked to find a better job. There is a point at which owning a business becomes a liability rather than an asset- employees with a steady paycheck don't seem to understand this. John and I sympathize with you. Amy
Posted By: Marica Re: where is Mark? - 01-24-2006 02:38 PM
Mark..glad to hear you are OK healthwise..sorry about the business. We can empathise, owning your own business is such a pain in the Butt sometimes.
We were put out of business by folk not paying bills, claiming bankruptcy, then opening up under another name!
As long as you and your family are OK...we can go on the back burner.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: Mark Re: where is Mark? - 02-07-2006 11:48 PM
Good evening all, My apologies for being out of touch for so long. I have missed being here and see that for some, challenges continue...

As I had told Brian, I had my 5 year check with a chest x-ray since I posted last. In my doctor's words "your cured" The chest x-ray also no change. You might expect that this was a huge relief and put this all behind me. Oddly (OR NOT) this is not entirely the case. I'll post more on this later.

As for our business things are progressing. I'd rather post on that later as well.

For now I hope to have time to get connected again with my friends here at OCF. It may be sporadic for a while but I'll do what I can.

Thank you for all of your kind words!
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: where is Mark? - 02-08-2006 12:22 AM
Welcome back Mark!! Time flys when your having fun. Look forward to your insightful posting's.

Danny Boy
Posted By: Eileen Re: where is Mark? - 02-08-2006 02:05 PM
Missed ya Mark. Glad your are back. Congrats on the all clear.

Eileen
Posted By: minniea Re: where is Mark? - 02-08-2006 04:52 PM
I'm glad the only battle you have at this time is with employees. They must not realize what a warrior they have taken on, the battles you have won already!! Silly them.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: Carol L Re: where is Mark? - 02-09-2006 10:56 AM
Good to hear from you Mark and congrats on your 5 year mark! Awesome news! Carol
Posted By: JAM Re: where is Mark? - 02-09-2006 11:20 PM
Mark, "Ditto", amy [that's all the energy I have tonite]
Posted By: Mark Re: where is Mark? - 02-11-2006 03:42 PM
Thanks, again everyone. Just so people know, my signature line says 4 years 11 months and that is correct. My appointment was about 1 month early. February 26th will mark the 5 year anniversary of my surgery.
Posted By: aussieh Re: where is Mark? - 02-11-2006 05:01 PM
Congratulations Mark. Great to have you back. Love from Helen
Posted By: wilckdds Re: where is Mark? - 02-12-2006 09:43 PM
Mark,

I was very happy to see you return and I hope things are getting better for you.

Congratulations on your approaching 5 year "Mark".

Jerry
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum