Posted By: ord_dfw LinkedIn Group - 08-06-2008 12:42 AM
We now have a Oral Cancer Group on LinkedIn!

For those of you who don't have a LinkedIn profile, go to LinkedIn and start your profile. It takes just a few minutes to build an entry-level profile. However, if you spend some time and put together an encompassing profile, LinkedIn can help you find people and other people will find it easier to find you!

Now, for people who have LinkedIn profiles, log into your profile. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see a search box. Set the toggle to "Groups" and search on the words "oral cancer". You will then see a brief description of the Oral Cancer Group and a link that says "Join this Group". Click on that link and follow the instructions to join.

Now for the really important part: WE NEED TO USE LINKEDIN (AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS) TO INFORM OTHER PEOPLE. WE CANNOT WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO FIND US. It does us no good to simply link to each other!

I have 49 people (currently) on my connections list. I pledge that I will notify everyone on this list. Since this is my business profile, not many people know the extent of my brother's illness. I will encourage them to notify their connections, as well.

Please feel free to link to me!

I will post occasional updates to this topic to let everyone know how our group is expanding.

Thanks!

Jean

Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: LinkedIn Group - 08-06-2008 12:54 PM
I'm there smile
Posted By: ord_dfw Re: LinkedIn Group - 08-06-2008 04:28 PM
Hi Kevin,

I just approved your request to join, so the OCF logo should show on your profile.

Jean
Posted By: TomK Re: LinkedIn Group - 08-06-2008 05:26 PM
I just sent a request to join the group on Linkedin. I am already a member of OCF on Facebook.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum