Posted By: lee33 Just saying Hi. - 02-18-2008 06:43 PM
I was just thinking about everyone and had a few minutes. My little boy has proven to be quite the time taker. It has been over a year since I started treatments and 5 months since my clear scan and I feel really good. I'm getting ready to go out and try to make my 2 mile running goal. I hadn't ran in 15 years and after just 4 runs I am at 1.8 miles. Obviously I am in much better shape than I was even before my cancer dx. Not nearly as big and muscular but now a lean and sculpted fighting machine. Ha Ha. I was just thinking about the times we spent together over the past year and wanted say hello to everyone and that I have kept everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I've committed myself to walk the full twelve hours in our relay for life this year. I'm confident I can do this. Not bad after the past year. I am truely blessed and humbled by my 2nd chance at life. Many Thanks and I pray for health and help for all. Hopefully one day soon I will make the big changeover to broadband and I can visit more often. The way it is now it's an event just to check my e-mails. I hope everyone has a peaceful day. Lee
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-18-2008 07:14 PM
Congrats Lee and I hope we read each others' posts for many years to come.
Posted By: girlcat36 Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-18-2008 07:17 PM
Great news,Lee. I am running more now than I was before treatment. Going through this treatment makes us realize we are tougher than we think! Stay well!
Posted By: Talbill Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-18-2008 10:40 PM
Great news Lee and good to hear from you. Try to keep in touch a little more often. smile
Posted By: kukie Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-19-2008 01:46 AM
Congratulation - I just entered the Forum this evening and am reading some of the experiences. I also was diagnosed 3/07 with SCC of right tonsil - spread to 3 lymph nodes - right neck - had neck dissection 5/07 and radiation treatment - completed 9/07 and returned to work 12/07 - I'm also feeling really good and have a pending appt for another PET scan.
Posted By: lee33 Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-25-2008 10:01 AM
Good to hear from you all. I made my 2 miles that day. I guess it's nice to have more respect for my body. I'll try to get back more often Bill. Kukie good luck on the PET. I have one in a month and I feel good about it. Girlcat keep runnin! Talk to everyone soon.
Posted By: girlcat36 Re: Just saying Hi. - 02-25-2008 05:27 PM
Will do. Completed 7 miles yesterday. I haven't run that far since 2003.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum