Posted By: sharlee 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-11-2008 01:40 AM
Hello all

I know I havent been around much ..been sick and so have the kids however I am trying to read as much as I can.

Yesterday , It was ONE YEAR since my surgery , so I have been cancer free for a year !! 1 down and 4 more to go !!! actually a lifetime to go !!

My friends and I went out to celebrate and even Joe realized how important that the day was to me .

Unfortunatley , I have a sore now that has been there for about 6-8 weeks , the ENT ( not the original one who did my surgery yet I have been with him since may or so ) thinks it "LOOKS" benign , I don't find comfort in that as I was told by 3 medical professionals that my 1st was nothing... It was the biopsy that told us different. So My Gp saw me last week for another Repiritory infection and saw the sore ..wasnt happy , said he wanted the ENT to biopsy . He said that he also feels it may be nothing but they have been wrong before . and that he would rather see it be nothing in a lab rather then my mouth !!! He was going to contact the ENT and I should know more this week about what happens. I have to stop the blood thinner before he can biopsy .

It did feel Great to hit that one year though ,, I joked that I couldnt have the biopsy before then as I needed to Get to one year without hearing anymore bad news !!

Shar
Posted By: EzJim Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-11-2008 09:45 AM
And just how can you find comfort by what he "thinks" it looks like? I am so glad you had the 1 yr of being in the light and hope you have another 60 yrs or so. Let us know about the biopsy as soon as you get the results. Your old buddy Jim
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-11-2008 10:22 AM
Sharlee,

Congrats in the one year but you know the routine...get that thing checked out until all agree on what it is.
Posted By: Nelie Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-11-2008 12:43 PM
Sharlee, I have had my ENT tell me a sore "looks" benign and it always worries me, though so far he's been right (the sore eventually goes away). So try not to worry but I agree there's peace of mind in having the biopsy. Congrats on the one year date.

The three year anniversary of my surgery was this weekend--Feb. 9th and since that is the last time there was known cancer in my mouth (though I did have chemo and rads after to be safe), that was a milestone for me too. Anyway, may you have many many more anniversaries and no more biopsies!

Nelie
Posted By: sharlee Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 12:10 AM
My Anniversary was Feb 9th too !!
Posted By: Donnarose Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 12:28 AM
I'm so happy for you! We need to find some time soon to catch up!
Congrats!!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 12:59 AM
Shar,

Congratulations on reaching your one year anniversary.

I hope this new sore turns out to be nothing.

Jerry
Posted By: Cookey Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 02:27 PM
Way to go girl
Posted By: girlcat36 Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 06:00 PM
Sharlee---congratulations on the one year mark! Whew!!
Crossing my fingers and hoping the new sore is NOTHING!
Posted By: marica_e Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-12-2008 11:06 PM
Shar... you are the bomb!
it`s nothing ..it`s nothing...it`s nothing... you have too many years and kids to raise ahead of you!
Posted By: August Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-13-2008 09:16 PM
Happy anniversary, Shar! We all know how important that first one is, ....what a milestone! I'm glad for you. You've had other scares this past year, and I sure do hope....and am gonna believe.....that this new one is just that.a passing scare.
Posted By: lee33 Re: 1 Year Cancer Free !! - 02-18-2008 06:53 PM
Congrats Sharlee. I hope your bio turns out good. Lee
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum