Posted By: ssax Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-26-2005 05:56 PM
Congratulations to Brian on receiving the prestigous Strusser Award from the New York University College of Dentistry. This award is given annually, and recognizes an individual who has excelled in public service.

Read the full story in the news section of OCF:

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/news/story.asp?newsId=785

Sheldon
Posted By: Tim Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-26-2005 07:23 PM
Congratulations, Brian -- A small tribute to the many great things you've done and continue to do to help battle this crappy disease!

Tim
Posted By: Eileen Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-26-2005 08:33 PM
Congratulations Brian amd hopefully the various news services will publish the news of this award and thus further your message 'that early detection saves lives'. Keep getting the message out.

Eileen
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 10:29 AM
Congratulations Brian. It's great to see that the members of the wonderful organization are not the only ones that are impressed with all that you do.

You are an inspiration to all of us.

Jerry
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 12:35 PM
Glad to see your hard work get the attention it deserves Brian. It gives us all hope we are making progress in early detection.

"YA GOTTA BELIEVE"

Your Friend, Danny Boy
Posted By: Carol L Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 01:41 PM
Awesome Brian, you are soooo deserving. Thank you for everything. God Bless, Carol
Posted By: helen.c Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 04:56 PM
Mr Hill, Sir.
Well I personally expect nothing less than the top award for you. Anyone so commited to supporting so many people around the world, and giving so freely of themselves must be noticed somewhere. I'm sure that even many who read this forum are not aware of your 150% dedication to early detection and a big increase in the survival rates of oral cancer. So thanks and thanks to Ingrid for sharing you with us all.
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: VRB Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 06:32 PM
Being new to this board, I can tell you that this forum has given me great comfort during my husband's treatment. You are certainly deserving of this award but more important, the gratitude and sincere appreciation of all the work you have put in to create such a wonderful forum for others to educate themselves and seek comfort from those such as yourself. Bravo!
Sincerely,
Virginia
wife to Doug, SCC base of tongue T4N2cM0 currently undergoing tx at U of M
Posted By: JAM Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 08:15 PM
I believe that God has a reason for all of us to be here.I suspect you are fulfilling yours, Brian, and will be blessed for it. Amy
Posted By: aussieh Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-27-2005 11:53 PM
Congratulations Brian and Ingrid

This site has been of such support to me - one of the first sites I googled when I was diagnosed. The info here helped me decide on my course of treatment.

Your award couldn't be more deserved.
With thanks and love from Helen
Posted By: rickt Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-28-2005 07:24 AM
Congratulations Brian,

You are so deserving. I, myself, don't know what I would have done without this site. Keep up the good work and thanks for all that you do!!!
Posted By: youngerag Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-29-2005 01:27 AM
Brian,

Congratulations, I can't think of a better, more deserving person than you to be recognized for all of your wonderful work.

I remember the times we corresponed before the foundation was offically formed and how in the beginning you answered each and every post. This site was my salvation for information about oral cancer and sharing my fears after my surgery. Oh, the times I wished it had been here when I was diagnosed and felt I had no where to turn.

This past month during a normal check up my doctor saw a "spot" he didn't like, so he did a biopsy. It took a week to get the results and I found myself returning once again to this website for comfort and hope. The results were negative and to celebrate I purchased the new survior T-Shirt and made a donation to the foundation.

Brian, thank you so much for your tireless effort for making people more educated about Oral Cancer and for this website. Bravo my friend.
Posted By: Julie Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-29-2005 01:19 PM
Brian,
It made me so happy to read about your recognition. We all know how wonderful you are, we just want everyone else in the world to know too! Congrats!
Posted By: Nelie Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-30-2005 09:27 AM
Congratulations Brian. There's no one more deserving of such recognition. This site has made all the difference in my ability to cope with my diagnosis and treatment as well as get quality care for myself. I can't imagine how much more frightening and lonely an experience I'd be having without having found OCF.
Posted By: deni Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 05-31-2005 09:32 PM
CONGRATUALTIONS....TO SAY IT IS WELL DESERVED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT....Not only have you earned this accolade but it is also a concrete testament to your voice being heard..BRAVO!!!! Denise
Posted By: Uptown Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 06-08-2005 11:50 PM
Brian,

I echo all the comments above and thank you ever so much for all you do for all of us and many that will travel in our paths later. You rescued me when I needed it!

Ed
Posted By: Kris Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 06-09-2005 11:02 AM
Brian and Ingrid-
Your vision has helped us all! A toast to you this morning! :-) - Kris
Posted By: maz334 Re: Prestigious award for Brian Hill - 06-11-2005 08:49 AM
congratulations brian , very well deserved carry on the good work god bless you in all you do
best regards maz
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum