Posted By: Anonymous Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 07:41 AM
I haven't met any of you personally but I've talked on the phone to several of you. I'm Dinah's husband, Mike.

We lost Dinah early yesterday and my world is crashing in.

Dinah so loved this organization and cherished the friendships that she developed through this group.

Thank you for the friendship and love that you shared with Dinah and please don't ever let this wonderful support group stop.

Help Brian to maintain whatever is needed to keep this foundation working for the many people that so desperately seek help in this dread disease with your support ond friendship.

God Bless each of you.

Mike Warren
Posted By: JetAgeHobo Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 09:06 AM
Mike, although this news wasn't totally unexpected, it doesn't prepare us for the final news at all. Seems not that long ago Dinah and I were e-mailing back and forth about the get together in Vegas, and she was telling me she was heading to Bentonville for another visit with WM.

I hope she knew the success of the Vegas get together she helped plan, and with the sucess of that you can be rest assure that things will continue strong as ever. Dinah was really the person that found the venue, made the room arrangements, I was just the "money guy" and took over planning after she couldn't.

Dinah will be sorely missed by all of us, she was part of our "family."

Mike, you have our deepest sympathies, know that we're praying for you during this time.

Bob S
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 09:51 AM
Dear Mike,

You and your family have my deepest sympathies over the loss of Dianh. She touched many members in such a loving and caring way. It's diffucult to measure her contributions to this forum and it's members. She offered help and support to so many. My prayers are with you and your family.

Danny Boy
Posted By: Marica Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 11:29 AM
Dear Mike
We are so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news.
Our deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: rosie Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 12:01 PM
Dear Mike,

I am so very sorry to hear such sad news. Dinah was one-of-a-kind, a true gem. Please know her memory will live on in the hearts of many. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

Rosie
Posted By: Cathy G Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 12:28 PM
Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear this news, and my thoughts go out to you and your family. I've only been on this forum for a few months, but it became clear to me early on that Dinah was really part of the core of this group, even when she was going through difficult times.

Please know that we all wish you comfort and peace.

Cathy
Posted By: helen.c Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 04:27 PM
Mike
Everyone on this forum has become part of a global family, we have have lost a good friend, you have lost your world.
God Bless you Mike, you are in my prayers
Helen
Posted By: jhovenier Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 04:35 PM
Mike,

I am so sorry for your loss. Dinah gave me lots of encouragement in taking care of my friend. I am eternally grateful for the time she took to help me. She made a difference and I will never forget her.

Jack
Posted By: aussieh Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 06:18 PM
Dear Mike

Dinah offered so much love and support to this forum. You and your family are in my heart.

With love from Helen
Posted By: Judy U Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 06:39 PM
Dear Mike,
I am so sorry to hear about Dinah's death. We always hope for miracles and she, if anyone, deserved one. Our love and support to you.
God bless
Judy U
Posted By: Nicki Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 06:49 PM
Dear Mike,
Dinah's story filled me with hope when this disease hit my family and I was searching for positive thoughts. I am saddened for you and your family - and for all of us - because of her passing.
God loves you - trust him to help you through this.
With deepest sympathies -
Nicki
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 07:20 PM
Dear Mike, Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers for Dinah and you and your family. We will miss her.
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 08:53 PM
Dear Mike,
I am so sorry and saddened by Dinah's passing. My prayers are with you as you try and work thru this terrible tragedy. She will be sorely missed especially by all on this board.
God bless,
Debbieb
Posted By: BeckyR46 Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 09:15 PM
Mike, so sorry for your lost. She had big shoulders when others needed her help. She will be missed.
Take care, Becky
Posted By: Uptown Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-03-2004 10:46 PM
Mike,

I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing right now with Dinah's passing. She was truly a wonderful person and so generous with her time and compassion for others. The magic she worked to get all the Vegas planning underway was so appreciated. I know the road you both traveled has been a rough one and you both are real warriors in your battles with this horrible disease.

I am praying for God to deliver Dinah into His arms and to provide you with comfort and peace. My deepest sympathies to you.

With Love,

Ed
Posted By: Mary O Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 06:16 AM
Dear Mike,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Mary O.
Posted By: minniea Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 09:17 AM
Dinah was always so good and kind to me. The world is less bright without her.
Minnie
Posted By: Kris Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 11:12 AM
Mike-
Words can't express the love everyone felt for Dinah. She had so much compasion and heart to share. My prayers are with you and your family. - Kris
Posted By: Brett Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 01:24 PM
Mike,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Best wishes,

-Brett
Posted By: Eileen Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 01:53 PM
Mike,
Dinah gave so much of herself to anyone who needed help. She will truly be remembered by all whose hearts she touched. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Take cate,
Eileen
Posted By: brm1949 Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 02:31 PM
Please accept my condolences and my prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: Julie Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 04:37 PM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
Posted By: Julie Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-04-2004 04:37 PM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
Posted By: Lorie Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-05-2004 05:25 AM
Mike-

I'm very sadden to hear the news about Dinah's passing...the only consolation is that she is now in better hands and out of any pain & suffering. She was a true Angel to everyone on this site. She will be missed by all. You and your family are in my prayers. Remember you are always welcome here...we always send internet hugs.

Lorie
Posted By: digtexas Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-05-2004 04:21 PM
Mike,
I am so sorry for your loss. Two years ago when I was in need of help and first discovered this forum, Dinah was one of the very first people to befriend me and offer love and support. I am very grateful for knowing her ( although only online and over the telephone ) and profoundly sad for your loss, and the loss to all of us.

Danny G.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-05-2004 08:00 PM
Dear Mike......

Several times I have tried to come up with the words.... and have not been able.

Please know that your loss is deeply felt. I hope you are able to feel the support and love of all.
Posted By: didier Re: Dear Friends of Dinah's - 10-08-2004 06:49 PM
Mike,
I'm so sorry. I had a chill run through me when I read your post. Dina made an impact on my life and I will never forget that. I wish you peace through this very difficult time.
D
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum