Posted By: AzTarHeel MRI time on Monday - 09-25-2004 10:49 PM
Hello all, Eric here -- what no reports from the Vegas crew? I guess they are partying too hard... I hope so anyway...

I have an MRI scheduled for Monday -- my first scan since finishing treatment about four weeks ago... Of course, I'm sweating bullets already. I've managed to keep my mind occupied with other things this week, but the thoughts keep slipping back in...

Otherwise, I feel great and am getting my energy back slowly but surely. The appetite is finally coming around as well. For some reason, I'm totally addicted to cheeseburgers these days (though the mustard and pickles burn my tongue a little)...

Need some of those prayers and positive vibes so many of you send out... Thanks!! I'll update everyone with what I pray is good news in a few days...

Eric
Posted By: minniea Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-25-2004 11:37 PM
Hey Eric,
You can count on me for prayers and well wishes.
Take care,
Minnie
Posted By: helen.c Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 04:31 AM
Hi Eric
Prayers, and GOOD thoughts on the way, glad you are feeling better...
Sunshine...love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: larry-b Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 08:09 AM
hey Eric,

best wishes on your 1st mri since treatment.

as an aside for my 1st mri, they said they didn't see anything except what they said was due to treatment. some strange medical term. that has continued to be the case for a couple of years now.... so if you should hear something like that... don't worry, smile and be happy!! they like to have a baseline mri to see how things progress over time.

heal strong,
cu,
larryb
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 09:36 AM
Eric, Of course you are in our prayers. And don't worry too much as the scans they take just after treatment often, if not always, show "suspicious" activity. So don't worry about it. And remember that while McDonald's isn't good for the "normal" population, us underweight patients can eat anything. I'm still eating all the Micky D's I can and have only this week started to gain weight, 5 pounds. Also, just think of all of the money that the blackjack tables are taking away from the medical profession. The doctors will have to go on the bread line for a few weeks after Vegas does its majic.
Posted By: Lisa in Florida Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 11:55 AM
You've got it Eric... Prayers heading your way from the Sunflower State!

Sincerely,
Lisa in Ks
Posted By: Powerlifter Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 12:59 PM
Hey Eric, prayers comin' your way!
I was having some kind of swelling in my brain
about a year ago, and of course I thought "it"
was back. I couldn't wait for the follow up
visit with my doctor, so I stopped by
the MRI place to pick up a copy of the
Radiologist's report (it was ready in 2 days).
I carried it out to my truck, but was afraid to
open it. I sat in my truck for awhile, and
finally I read it...no cancer, just some
swelling putting pressure on facial nerves.
I remember saying "Cool!" and I threw the report
up on the dash and drove home.
It was about that time when my appetite finally
came back...kinda wierd not being hungry for
over a year. Now I'm hungry all the time!
Hope to hear some good news from you.
O-O O-O
Posted By: Marica Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 08:23 PM
Hello Eric ...prayers and good wishes from our family to yours. This is such a scarey time but , before you know it a year will have passed and you will be breathing so much easier.
Take care and hang in there.
Cheers
Marica
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-26-2004 09:19 PM
Hey Eric,
Thoughts and prayers are definitely going up for you! Take care and God bless,
Debbie
Posted By: Kris Re: MRI time on Monday - 09-27-2004 11:05 AM
Eric-

More prayers headed your way from Seattle! Hang in there and we are all hoping for the best! - Kris
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum