Posted By: Brian Hill I need your help - 05-10-2004 01:12 PM
Friday OCF received a significant donation from Laclede Inc., the manufacturers of the Biotene dry mouth products. It is enough to guarantee the costs of keeping the OCF web site up for the next twelve months, as well as making additions to it during that period of time. This donation will also allow us to pay our extra monthly bandwidth charges, which now that we receive over 13 million hits per month, are getting up there, and also pay for our licensing for the forum software etc. This donation, while something that I have been in discussions with them about for over a year, finally came to pass partly because of my pursuit of them, but mostly because of one individual, Mike Pellico, the owner and CEO of this privately held company. At a time when OCF is beginning to spend funds in areas that encompass TV public service announcements, and contacting new patients and doctors through our efforts to get out the information cards out at the major cancer centers around the US, as well as working with the ADA and others on our dental education DVD to bring dentists up to speed on the screening techniques that they need to know to catch this killer in it
Posted By: Carol L Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 01:36 PM
Brian, will definitely write a Thank You to Mike Pellico, and Thank You and Ingrid for all you have done!!!!!!!!!God Bless, Carol
Posted By: Packer66 Littlegirl Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 01:41 PM
That is wonderful Brian, I sent him an email thanking him. Even though I do not have oral cancer, my dad did and died from it, and I did find allot of comfort from this board when my father passed away. I think this is a wonderful place for people with this disease and for people who have loved ones battling this disease to come to for support and answers.Packer66 Littlegirl
Posted By: helen.c Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 02:25 PM
Well Brian, what can we say.. you always manage to stay ahead of the game.. you are one awesome dude.. my thanks go firstly to you for your dedication to the OCF and through that to all of us, and secondly to any supporters that appreciate what a worthwhile cause they are supporting.. and hopefully all this work will lead to the goal we all want.. more awareness for oral cancer leading to a decrease in the mortality rate...thank you both
Helen
Posted By: Packer66 Littlegirl Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 02:32 PM
Well Brian Helen said it all, I also thank you and your wife for everything that you's have done. You are truly amzing people.Thank you again Brian and Ingrid. Packer66 Littlegirl
Posted By: John N Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 03:32 PM
I will send Mr Pellico a note. Brain and Ingrid I want to thank you for all you have done regarding this site. I have been a member for a short time but this was the most valuable piece of information I got througth my treatment process. Without your site I would of been clueless to a lot of things. From a business point I have plugged Biotene products in many posts and more obvious information on the site from them will be helpfull.
Posted By: PackersVoice Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 03:49 PM
Brian, you and Ingrid, need Kims pompoms, we all need pompoms........you are great folks. This Board got me throught the darkest times when I had no one to share my fears with, I `ve found great friends, and been able to share Packer`s story and hopefully help others.........You and Ingrid just prove what life is about !!!! Hugs, Dee
Posted By: BeckyR46 Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 04:48 PM
Brian, ditto to all that has been said. The OCF has been such a comfort and support zone, thanks to you and Ingrid making it possible. Yes, I will send Mike Pellico a heartfelt thank you.
Becky Ray
Posted By: Brett Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 05:32 PM
Note sent. And thank you, Brian.

-Brett
Posted By: aussieh Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 06:17 PM
cool Thankyou Brian and Ingrid. This site gives me so much down here in Oz. Full range of Biotene is available here. Will send. Helen
Posted By: Julie Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 07:25 PM
That is awesome news!! I sent a thank you! And here's to many, many "Thanks yous" to you! You're the best!
Posted By: digtexas Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 07:42 PM
Brian,
Congratulations! I sent Mr. Pellico a note thanking him. All of your hard working over the past several years is now bearing fruit.
Keep up the good work and stay well...

Danny G.
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 08:35 PM
Thank You Brian & Ingrid!!!! The email has been sent!!

Dan
Posted By: youngerag Re: I need your help - 05-10-2004 11:13 PM
Brian,

All I can say, this wouldn't have happened without all of your's and Ingrid's effort.

Anne
Posted By: Uptown Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 08:45 AM
Brian,

After sending the note to Mr Pellico I realized I have not taken the time to personally express my gratitude and appreciation for what you have made possible for me and all of us. It is leadership as you exhibit that has made this country what it is and as long as someone steps up to make a difference, our greatness will come to fruition. May we all have the courage and tenaciousness to use our experiences in life to make a difference in those that travel this world after us!

Ed
Posted By: Mark Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 12:36 PM
Ditto the above sentiments, I sent my e-mail to Mr. Pellico this morning.
Posted By: PackersVoice Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 01:16 PM
Gee, Brian, I reread your post from yesterday, thanked you Ingrid, have sent big thanks to Mr. Pellico this morning...........Dee
Posted By: rosie Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 02:12 PM
Brian,

That is absolutely wonderful news. I'm so glad for you and, although you probably won't, I think you should sit back and take a bit of a breather. You deserve a little rest and relaxation. My thank you to Mr. Pellico will be sent today.

Take care,
Double rainbows & hugs, wink
Rosie
Posted By: Lynn Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 03:29 PM
Brian,

I sent a note to Mr. Pellico Monday. I also attended a SPOHNC meeting today and told everyone about this website. SPOHNC only meets once a month and sometimes I needed support more than once a month and no one there had exactly the same issues I had. This site has been so great for me. I can be here at 2:00 a.m. and browse around and feel better about my situation.

Thanks so much for your support and giving spirit. I will forever by grateful.

Lynn
Posted By: youngerag Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 04:05 PM
Brian,

Neglected to mention in my previous post, I sent my thanks to Mr. Pellico last night. I agree with Rosie; but knowing you, you won't slow down. This will only spur you on.

Thanks again.

Anne
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 08:10 PM
Brian,
A big thanks and God Bless to you and Ingrid...I know you guys have poured not only your hearts but also your finances into this and worked so hard. It has been a blessing to me and a wealth of information to help Dan and I move along. I will be writing "thanks" to Mr. Pellico next.

P.S. - Brian, I have requested the cards for the hospital two times and sent my address to you. I still haven't received them.
Thanks,
Debbie
Posted By: minniea Re: I need your help - 05-11-2004 11:25 PM
I have a favorite saying that fits Brian to a tee. "Character and integrity far outweigh personal ambition".
Thank you Brian and I sent an email today.
Posted By: Weldon Re: I need your help - 05-12-2004 12:30 PM
Just sent them an email. Congratulations Brian!!
Posted By: Gary Re: I need your help - 05-12-2004 02:13 PM
I sent Mr. Pellico a thank you note...
Posted By: DanielleO Re: I need your help - 05-12-2004 02:32 PM
Brian,

That is great news.....I just sent Mr. Pellico a thank you note.

Dani laugh
Posted By: Judy U Re: I need your help - 05-12-2004 06:31 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand Mr Pellico received one from me!
Judy U
Posted By: Kris Re: I need your help - 05-13-2004 10:23 AM
Brian-
Great products that have certainly added to my quality of life!!! And I told him so, too!!! Good work Brian in adding them to the team. - Kris
Posted By: Eileen Re: I need your help - 05-13-2004 05:36 PM
Just sent my note of thanks also.

Eileen
Posted By: jobeeg Re: I need your help - 05-15-2004 08:38 PM
I just sent my message to Mr. Pellico. Thanks for letting us know about his contribution, Brian. It'll make me feel good to buy the products knowing this.
Posted By: Jeepster Re: I need your help - 05-16-2004 10:22 AM
Awesome!Incredible!What a gift! I sent a thank you note Thursday. Thank You as well Brian & Ingrid for your relentless efforts! smile
Karen
Posted By: Powerlifter Re: I need your help - 05-16-2004 11:13 AM
Will send a "Thank you" to Mr. Pellico.
I have also thanked the local store for stocking
Biotene products.
Thank you Brian for your hard work....
raised Barbell to you and Ingrid!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: I need your help - 05-16-2004 03:41 PM
I just want to put up a quick note to thank all of you for the kind words, and your efforts to let Laclede know that there are real people out here that they are helping, not just OCF. It was nice to see (and hear from) a couple of real board "old timers" again, glad you are still around and well. I can tell you that for all the money and effort that I have put into OCF over the last 4 years, it pales in comparison to what I have received in return from all of you. You have allowed me into your lives, sharing both the good and bad, given me a purposeful life when I was searching for meaning, and graced me with your friendships, even though distances may prevent us from ever meeting face to face. I would never have expected my life to have such a sense of purpose and such rich rewards. All of you make that possible for me, and I wish to thank all who have participated in the emotional riches that my life now has as a result.
Posted By: Julie Re: I need your help - 05-17-2004 08:32 AM
Brian,
You are a remarkable man. You have helped so many people through OCF and will continue through this board for years to come. I wish that every person that is striken with cancer could have a place like this to come to for answers and support. It can really make a difference when you feel you are the only one going through it, and then you find others who are on the same journey with you, many who have been there and made it, and still others who have lost the battle to cancer but continue to win the war through their caregivers ongoing fight. We could never thank you enough for all you have done, you are amazing!
Posted By: Sabrina Re: I need your help - 05-17-2004 05:48 PM
Brian,

This site and its members calmed me down through some unhappy days. I'm nearing the end of radiation (aka Phase II of III), and wouldn't be in such good spirits without everyone here.

I will send Mr. Pellico a thank you note.

Sincerely,

Sabrina

PS - same here on the card request
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum