Posted By: Paan Hello - 08-17-2023 11:23 PM
Hello,hope all are doing OK just checking in all is quite here lately.
Posted By: Diego Re: Hello - 08-18-2023 02:44 AM
Hello , I'm 9 months post Radiation / chemo therapy . Had the hemiglossectomy surgery one year as of today . Struggling with dry mouth and taste mostly . Ok on the calorie intake via protein smoothies . When I talk on the phone most people say they can understand me but I still can't pronounce few letters of the alphabet. I heard 17 months from treatment is pretty much how your going to be . So hopefully I'll have more time for improvement. I'm just thankful I'm here today . Always reading the forum here, love to hear the stories. great for the healing , Thank you
Posted By: steve l Re: Hello - 08-19-2023 04:39 AM
welcome diego! yes, it is a long trail to recovery. After many years my voice still is very weak, I nmay be the exception though, most folks do get back to the "new normal" some great info on the forum. try searching, you will find many folks on the same trail

Steve
Posted By: steve l Re: Hello - 08-19-2023 04:41 AM
Hi Paan. yes, it has been very quiet the last few months. Still checking is and seeing if folks need help. nice to see you again

Steve
Posted By: Paan Re: Hello - 08-19-2023 06:03 AM
Hi steve,yes all posts here from all patients and care givers helped me so much great place to get lot of knowledge. I check in here weekly to see if I can help someone.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum