Posted By: TURN US News Best Hospitals - 11-03-2022 12:57 PM
Hi: Brian has mentioned in a number of his posts a section on OCF website called Resources. Can you please advise where I can find that? Thank you!
Posted By: TURN Re: US News Best Hospitals - 11-03-2022 02:19 PM
oops I found it..........Home Page. Very surprised that US News does not appear to have a sub-category under Cancer for Head and Neck Cancer? So it looks like u can just search Cancer or ENT?
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: US News Best Hospitals - 11-12-2022 07:36 PM
Their model looks at cancer hospitals, or general hospitals that have cancer wings / departments. The best choices are always comprehensive cancer centers, those treat only cancers. They treat all types so a designation of what types they treat is unnecessary. They are often also a teaching and research hospital which has advantages. For instance the big ones have more clinical trials happening at their facility when that becomes a last resort, vs referring people to a different facility for enrollment, which may not be close to them. Regional hospitals that have a cancer department also treat most types, but will often refer patients elsewhere for more rare or complicated issues.
Posted By: TURN Re: US News Best Hospitals - 12-05-2022 01:14 AM
Is it me or are a number of the links for Comprehensive Cancer Ceners on the Resource Page broken? https://oralcancerfoundation.org/resources/
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: US News Best Hospitals - 12-05-2022 04:29 AM
You want to use the best hospitals link from the US News ratting system, and then enter your state search criteria. Otherwise if you prefer refer it will just list them nationally from the highest rating down.

I just checked it and it is working fine.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum