Posted By: Susan2992 Forum Issues - 10-13-2015 09:59 PM
I've noticed that posts from some of the forums are hidden unless you are logged into the OCF Survivor/Patient Forum. There are 21 different forums, and these 4 are only viewable when logged in: Survivor Stories, Friends, OCF Cancer Blogs and Getting Through It Project.

This happens regardless of what device I'm using (iPad, PC/laptop, etc.) or what browser. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I usually check the forum each day for new posts, but won't log in unless I want to add a comment. So I often miss updates in the Survivor Stories forum.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Forum Issues - 10-14-2015 03:08 PM
Almost daily I will do a quick check of the forum without logging in. I have not seen any of the issues you mentioned. I can always view new posts and all the topics before I log in. Im really sorry, Im not high tech enough to understand what could be causing this. Maybe its something to do with how you have your account settings?
Posted By: travelottie Re: Forum Issues - 10-14-2015 08:30 PM
Like Susan, I am unable to view the four forum topics she lists, unless I log in.

Lottie
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Forum Issues - 10-15-2015 03:21 AM
Christine,

I know enough about internet technical issues to know it is not anything with my OCF forum account settings. My guess it is something with the forum settings that prohibits posts in the 4 forums to be visable only when you are logged in.

Three of the forums impacted generally do not have many posts, but the Survivior Stories forum does get a few posts per month (this is why I noticed it). Right now there are about 3 posts in this forum within the past 7 days - look at Active Topics while logged in and while not logged in and let me know what you see.

Another test to do is check the Forum List while logged in and not logged in - I only see 17 forums when I view this list while not logged in, all 21 when I'm logged in.

Perhaps OCF web admins wanted it this way, which is fine. Or it could be an oversight and easily corrected.

I try to read and comment on posts in the Survivor Stories forum and missed a few of them since I couldn't see them unless I was logged in. I'm sure I'm not the only OCF member that does that.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Forum Issues - 10-15-2015 08:23 AM
I noticed a few years ago that I had to be logged in to view and post to Survivor Stories.
I just presumed it was designed like that as this forum would not be for the casual poster smirk
Posted By: Virgo Re: Forum Issues - 10-15-2015 11:20 PM
Hello,

Before I became a member I could not see Survivor Stories, Friends, OCF Cancer Blogs and Getting Through It Project. Only after I logged in for the first time did I know those forums existed. I have always thought those particular four forums were for members only, and that logging in was the only way to view them. Just like logging in is the only way to post a comment or start a thread.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Forum Issues - 10-15-2015 11:28 PM
Ok, now I better understand. Yes I cant see Survivor Stories unless Im logged on.

Ive passed this to our experts for more info.
Posted By: Virgo Re: Forum Issues - 10-23-2015 12:51 AM
Thank you for changing the main Forum page. Now we don't have to log on to read all the forums.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum