Posted By: Charm2017 You'd Better Not Die or I'll Kill You - 11-27-2012 02:19 PM
The subject line is the title of a new book reviewed in today's Wall St. Journal. It's subtitle is: A Caregiver's Survival Guide to Keeping you in Good Health and Good Spirits.
The author, Jane Heller, whispered the words in the title to her husband as he was wheeled into surgery. The chapter titles listed in the review sound intriguing:
Sex? Romance? Is Anybody Getting Any? or
When Loved Ones Start Taking on a Different Personality and You start Wishing they'd disappear.

Whenever I see a book like this, the first thing I thing of is that I'll bet it's not as helpful to caregivers as the OCF board since it's not focused on oral cancer. The complications and challenges of our cancer are very daunting. But I thought I'd share the title since there are some commonalities among caregiving and some authors have a way with capturing the frustrations and challenges in words.
Charm
Posted By: David2 Re: You'd Better Not Die or I'll Kill You - 11-27-2012 05:01 PM
Good one, Charm. But she stole my line! I have a friend who does stand up comedy, and I told him at the beginning of my treatment that if he ever stopped making jokes about my situation I'd take a break from dying and drive over to his house and kill him. Oh well. GMTA I guess.

Sounds like a fun book though, I'll look for it.
Posted By: Shauneen Re: You'd Better Not Die or I'll Kill You - 11-28-2012 08:49 AM
Love this - Charm, you are my fave!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum