Posted By: lee33 Good news. - 09-29-2007 04:44 PM
I just wanted to let my friends here on the ocf know that I recieved a clear scan on Sept. 18th. I got the results on the 25th. It stated that all uptake in the neck area had been resolved. It was also clear down to my knees. whew. Finally after all of the stress about not going ahead with the neck dissection, it turned out ok. I guess it was just inflammation.

I just want to thank everyone for their wonderful prayers and words of encouragement. I haven't been here much. I guess I have been very active since July. I guess it's back to life. I know one thing it has been back to work since Sept. 3rd. Hmmm.

Everyone says "I bet you are glad to be back at work." I really have trouble answering that. I am extremely grateful to be alive with the stage of cancer I had, and extremely grateful to be healthy enough to return to work, but boy did I get used to living on my own time. I'm sure this is true for many though. I guess it is just hard to go back to worrying about the little things. After fighting this battle most things seem to be little. Life, children, family and friends are the big things. I hope everyone is doing well. For those who have passed on or have loved ones or friends who have passed, you are in my prayers and thoughts. Lee
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: Good news. - 09-29-2007 04:49 PM
LEE,

Fabulous news my friend!! I'm happy for you and yours.
We all like hearing the good news it lifts our spirits and helps us continue on.

Getting back to "normal" life was also a weird one for me too.

We're all in your corner.

Cheers,

Mike
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Good news. - 09-29-2007 04:59 PM
Lee - Keep walking the bright path, and continue to share the good news with us. That kind of news is always welcome in our OCF forum. Warmly, JaneP smile
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Good news. - 09-30-2007 04:01 PM
Lee,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your great news

I think that anyone that goes through a diganosis and treatment for cancer finds that their life is for ever changed. "Don't sweat the small things" has become a way of life for me. In my situation, being 59 at the time of diagnosis, and not ready for retirement, I was anxious to get back to work.

I hope you continue to visit regularly and that you continue to have good news to share.

Jerry
Posted By: Cookey Re: Good news. - 09-30-2007 04:41 PM
God bless lee x
Posted By: minniea Re: Good news. - 09-30-2007 05:32 PM
Good for you Lee, I'm so happy to hear the good news!
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: lee33 Re: Good news. - 10-01-2007 08:58 PM
Thank you, too everyone. I'm not leaving ocf I just won't be here as much. I still very much believe in the power of expirienced peers being some of the best help.
Posted By: sharlee Re: Good news. - 10-01-2007 11:11 PM
Lee

SO Glad to hear .. I was wondering as I hadnt heard from you ... No news is good new right !!

Shar
Posted By: girlcat36 Re: Good news. - 10-03-2007 08:21 PM
Congrats, Lee. I was out of work for 7 months and just went back two weeks ago----I,too, got used to living on 'my own time'. I am slowly adjusting.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Good news. - 10-06-2007 03:55 AM
Congratulations Lee! May every day be better than the one before! Wishing you only the best.

Ed
Posted By: debandbill Re: Good news. - 10-06-2007 09:51 AM
Lee,

Congrats on your good news. It would help those of us going thru treatment currently if you would include dx dates, tx dates and most recent test date in your signature lines. When you get good news (or bad) it helps to know these things. Thanks, Deb
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum