Posted By: Dr. Mike Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 12:27 AM
Just thought after commenting about others I should update all you wonderful peolple about me.

On Friday I went for a regular checkup with my MO. She found something that was not making her happy and to make a long story short...an excisional biopsy followed. I do my own exams on a daily basis but missed something I don't think I should have, once it was pointed out I cringed.
Recurrence has always been in the back of my mind but now is driving me out of my mind. I'll get the pathologists wet report on Tuesday but that seems so far away.
I just want to let all of you know that now matter how thorough and diligent and confident you are that all is OK. You need to have your follow-up.
I'm scared as hell all over again and may not be around much. I know It's only been brief but I have learned more than I have contributed.
Until Tuesday,
Live Strong,
Mike
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 01:19 AM
I will privately PM you, but I just wanted to say that we are all in your corner and I love the fact that you have "jumped" in so enthusiastically (sp?). Your insight, though brief, has been helpful and enlightening. It has to mean a lot that you have touched so many people's lives; isn't that what it's all about?
Annie
Posted By: deni Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 01:59 AM
Jeepers Mike
I just want to say whatever the outcome It ain't over by a long shot but of course you are scared! I just spent a week with an elephant in the room due to a questionable xray? and he has been dismissed. Whether your elephant has left or we gear up for a storm you should reconsider being here! From what I have read you are an adament advocate ditto Annie M!!! GOOD((((thoughts))))
Posted By: August Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 02:14 AM
thinkin' of you, Mike.....the waiting is soso hard, especially for those of you who know so much. Try to say "in neutral"....HA!.....and try to stay busy and Tuesday will finally get here. I hope then that you can breathe a great sigh of relief.
Well,
Would be nice if I'd take my own advice. Didn't sleep much last night so read the whole site basically. I'm a little better now and not so wired.
Tuesday is Tuesday and until then, until they say cancer it's not.
Just have to be positive and deal with things as they come. No point in assuming.
Thanks folks.
Annie, deni, August;
Pretty sure you all should slap me gotta practice what I preach.

Say some prayers and I'm gonna keep hanging around.
Thanks for the wakeup call.

Mike
We're all pulling for you Dr. Mike....whatever happens Tuesday we all hope you'll still be in touch. You've already been such a great addition to our family. Lots of prayers going out for you I know.
-Steve J
Posted By: Fscan Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 10:32 AM
"I'm a dentist, son, father, brother, cancer survivor, cancer counsellor, patient advocate, friend and a very good listener." Your words my friend, you have no idea how many people have read and felt your presence, or the impact that you have had on us suffering souls that come together, the vast majority of us in silence, seeking words such as yours. The fear of the unknown can and is crippling to most, but a very select few lead the way and share in their experience so some of us less dynamic personalities can be at peace with our burdens. All of us are scared, fear is a part of our new norm. It's how we handle the fear and channel our energies that decides the quality of our time. You my friend are in my thoughts and well wishes, be as strong and courageous as you have been, please do not change. We all share in each others circumstance of fate.
Posted By: Dragan Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 11:10 AM
Mike, You're dealing with what all of us fear, perhaps our biggest fear. The advice given by so many is sound; "it's not cancer until the pathology confirms it is". You know that, as do we all, but it is hard to put into practice when the possibility goes from being abstract and becomes all too real.

I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping and praying that it's likely nothing. Let us know, eh?
Wayne
Hi Mike,
I'm sorry to read that you are going through all of this. Fear and waiting are miserable, to say the least. I'll pray for peace of mind for you, and healing of course. On the bright side--at least you go for your follow ups and caught this right away. Look forward to hearing from you.
Donna
Posted By: mhupe Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 02:01 PM
Hi Mike,

Uggghhh, I hate Fridays that Suck!!!

Here's praying for a Terrific Tuesday for you and your family...and, for peace of mind from now until then.

And, I was glad to see your second post here..because you are right...until they say it's cancer, it's NOT!
What an incredible asset to these forums you have become! Your advice and superior level of knowledge and expertise are invaluable to all of us here. Thank you for caring enough to share your concerns with us.

Just want to say that I'm calling your name when I pray, and I'm believing God for a miracle on your behalf!
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 10:39 PM
You and I have talked, why haven't you posted?
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 10:52 PM
I have no idea where that post came from, definately not from me. Are there people here that are posting differently? I had adready post to Dr Mike. Who is this person acting liking me? Brian, that person is a fake/have no idea who they are. You have my true email, help.
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 10:54 PM
the last you and i talked email is not valid, make that stop tell me later what i need to do, don't want someone else being me
Mike,

Hope you got my email Saturday. I have been off the board this weekend and wasn't sure if you would post the news. I'm glad that you did, as support like this probably cannot be found anywhere else.

We are all pulling for you and hope and pray that you will get a good report on Tuesday.

Jerry
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 10:59 PM
the good thing about this forum is that the administrators figured all of this out. thanks to all of you, leeann
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 11:05 PM
Brian, Could you contact me? Seems a little fishy!LeeAnn
Posted By: Annie M Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 11:11 PM
Just having a bad day, which I so appreciate that some have; I hate the fact that this disease makes me so mean, should be mean toward everything else. But you so want someone to blame....I am sorry.
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-26-2007 11:50 PM
Mike,

Hang in there. It is hard to wait for information. I have learned that having cancer is always a big waiting game. You are always waiting for something.
Many here have given you the best advice they can. I hope all of it will help give you some peace for a few days. So take a deep breath and exhale, it could be scare tissue or something.

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: August Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-27-2007 12:07 PM
Hey, Mike....you've been that whole long list of things..counsellor, survivor, etc.....now allow yourself to be human! You don't have to apologize for being scared witless! We've all been there...for real, and all of those times in between when it turned out not to be cancer but scared us anyway. We're here, whichever way it goes.
Posted By: minniea Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-27-2007 10:39 PM
Mike,
I share your feelings and hope that, in the next few days, both of us get to share the JOY of hearing our biopsy's are negative!
Minnie
Posted By: Nelie Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-28-2007 07:34 AM
Good wishes for good news today Mike!
Hi all,
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.
Tuesday came and I am happy to say the biopsy wet report stated that I had rapidly growing well demarkated hypertrophy....scar tissue!!!
I'm incredibly relieved and happy...and at the same time embarrassed for my reaction and poor attitude. I know better and need to learn to take my own advice.

Thanks to all who were in my corner...it means a lot.
Mike
Thank God,

We needed some good news today and I am sure you needed good news. I have watched the board all day for your report...thanks for checking in.

We all understand your fears and your reaction to a very scary possibility. You are human above all else.

Now, rest well tonight...

Deb
Mike,

You have probably read my email response to you by now and I want to add that you have found a home here and have already had a positive impact on so many members.

No need for embarrasment. You have been through the hell that we all fear on a daily basis and never want experience.

With Minnie's news today, we are all in a bad state, but are thrilled that you have gotten your good news.

Jerry
Dr. Mike .... As soon as I read your post today, I could actually feel my face and shoulders immediately relax! So very happy for you!
Warmly, JaneP smile
Posted By: JAM Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-29-2007 11:15 PM
Me too- Amy in Oz
Posted By: Nelie Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-29-2007 11:55 PM
Me three!
Mike,

No need to be embarrassed as I imagine most of us would react similarly. My husband is just in the middle of treatment right now but sometimes I let myself think ahead and feel daunted by the reality that this isn't over when treatment is over - or even when the first couple of scans come back negative.

Sophie
Posted By: Fscan Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-30-2007 02:57 AM
Dr. Mike

Simply marvelous news, thanks for posting.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-30-2007 08:33 PM
Mike,
I am so glad that your report came back good. Too much bad news recently. Please hang around. You have already helped many people.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: minniea Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-31-2007 12:37 AM
Congrats Mike, I'm very happy for you!
Minnie
Posted By: sharlee Re: Friday Sucked!! and Tuesday is so far away. - 08-31-2007 12:59 AM
MIke soo happy to hear !
Wonderful news.

Maggie
Congratulations Dr. Mike. I'm very relieved for you. This was one time I was happy to hear the words scar tissue. Now you can get back to the business of checking other peoples' mouths!

Hugs,
Lisa
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum