Posted By: Bob Whyte Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 12:36 AM
To all my brother and sister warriors I hope you have a very happy Veterans day!! I hope everyone takes a moment to Thank a Veteran for their selfless service to our great nation on Nov. ii. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: RPCV Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 04:38 AM
Bob,
I take this moment to thank YOU! For your selfless service to our Nation, and for your contributions to these Forums.
Posted By: MikeG Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 02:13 PM
Thank you Veterans! Our freedom is a gift to cherish and give thanks for.
Ginny
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 02:24 PM
Happy Vets Day! and Semper-Fi to Bob.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 03:03 PM
Semper-Fi Bob! Thank you to all of our vets, not just on Veterans Day but always!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 04:30 PM
In Canada November 11th is called "Remembrance Day" and is a statutory holiday for all. Normally, all businesses are closed until at least 1pm.

11/11/11 at 11:00 am, we will stand in honour of all of our veterans and the sacrifices they have made.

Donna
Posted By: Gabe Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-09-2011 09:06 PM
As we are also (still) a Commonwealth country we celebrate much the same as you do in Canada Donna - only no holiday.
The only thing is due to the time difference we would have aleady observed the minutes silence well before you!
Gabriele
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 01:06 AM
The guns fell silent and the "War to End All Wars" was over. We have no more living veterans of that war in the U.S. but thanks to everyone who has served since then.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 01:57 AM
I thought we had learned our lesson of engaging in wars of choice after Vietnam. (The Gulf of Tokin incident never really happened) Our current excursions into the various sandboxes where our sons and daughters are put in harms way, are evidence that we have not learned that lesson. We need to remember those that have served, but I am more interested in a public and a government that exercises better judgement as to when they choose to shed the blood of our loved ones in the future.

Brian, "Doc" to my Marines, First Medical Battalion, Ist Marine Division, TAD to the 5th Marine Regiment, An Hoa Vietnam

All gave some, some gave all.
Posted By: RPCV Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 06:58 AM
[quote=Brian Hill]All gave some, some gave all. [/quote]
All should strive to end it all.
And honor those who have served.

Thank You, Veterans.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 07:00 PM
As Veterans we have been quiet for to long, what has the quiet accomplished------Nothing , by being silent on the things we've seen and the lessons we;ve learned teaches noone anything, it is time as Veterans that WE speak up tell our stories and help the next generation find a way to END this evil called WAR, my greatest hope is that my grandchildren and all future generations celebrate Veterans Day with NO living Veterans prsent, a world at Peace!! Oh what a thought!! Sorry for the ramble but I want you all to no my true feelings. Semper_fi Bob
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 08:06 PM
The More You Sweat In Peace, The Less You Bleed In War.

Let us remember all of those who have bled in war for us.
Remembrance Day - November 11th - Lest We Forget.

Donna
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-10-2011 10:46 PM
Semper Fi Bob. Those of us who have gone and seen things that no human being should ever see are the one's who need to tell the world "This is not right".
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-11-2011 03:10 PM
Peace and love to you all!
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-11-2011 03:53 PM
Thank you for our fighting for our Freedom!
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Happy Veterans Day - 11-12-2011 10:29 AM
Thank you, Bob - for sharing your feelings. We do need those who have known the evils of WAR to keep reminding us so that some day, some may find a way to end the horror and save our children. Wilfred Owen, in his poem about the First World War, "Dulce et Decorum Est" tells it like it is:

http://webpages.charter.net/xila/favpoems.html#DULCE_ET_DECORUM_EST

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum