Posted By: EmilyE Hi everyone - 09-16-2010 09:06 PM
As some of you may remember, I work at the same school mom as my mom did. Although, she was much more popular and loved than I..

We have a tradition we do one day each year called Cowboy Day (hey, we live in North Carolina). All the students and staff dress up in their best western gear (we are a k-12 school and students wear uniforms) We have a parade with horses, have ponies that play soccer, an assembly with dancing, clogging and singing, a chili cook off and lots more. Our headmaster is a cowboy so this a serious day.
This year in lieu of staff or students wearing a western shirt, the office has been working with a tshirt printing company and have purchased 'cowboy day' tshirts.
They informed me today the proceeds will be going to Oral Cancer Foundation in her honor.
Posted By: julieann Re: Hi everyone - 09-16-2010 10:44 PM
How wonderful, Emily. You can bet your Mom is proud and bragging to all the other angels smile
julieann
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hi everyone - 09-16-2010 11:22 PM
Oh Emily, how wonderful for the school to be honoring your mom like that. It sounds like cowboy day is alot of fun.

Hope you are feeling well.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Hi everyone - 09-17-2010 12:52 AM
Wow, that is impressive! What a wonderful tribute to your Mom.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Hi everyone - 09-17-2010 06:47 AM
Emily,

What a great tribute to your mother. Thanks for sharing this with your OCF friends. I hope you are doing well.
Posted By: wendys Re: Hi everyone - 09-23-2010 01:24 PM
It's so great to hear from you Emily, I think of you often. That's really a great way to honor your mom. You must be so proud of her. Take care, and stop and see us sometime.

Wendy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum