Posted By: Nate82 My Latest appointment update! - 08-19-2010 04:00 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, they put me through the ringer yesterday people! I literally got beat up pretty good. The results were in, nerves and tensions were high as the doc started scrolling the scans in front of me and my mother. So the " shades of grey " what a scary word, only showed up on my tongue and my lymph nodes are slightly enlarged. They scoped me " Total Recall Anyone? " and said I looked clear in the back of the tongue and throat areas.

The Doctor set a surgery date for September 16th, he said they will remove the tumor as well as both sides of my neck lymph nodes as a precaution. He said he wanted to avoid radiation as best as possible and he seemed very confident which made me and my mother very encouraged. The doc was very thorough and had me get seen by everyone, the teeth mold thingy really sucked because it literally tortured my tongue. It was a close tie with the biopsy pain.

I thank all o you for your support and advice, we are staying with LBJ now that I recieved the gold card. The surgeon is from MD Anderson and said he will not tolerate this disease being inside of me for much longer. So all in all I am officially a Stage II and set for war on September 16th,4 days after my birthday! Thank you all...

Maybe this will help someone because it gave me empowerment right before we enered the hospital yesterday, A fellow drag racing friend and mentor sent me a text yesterday morning that said " Remember Nathan, winning begins with attitude....And we aint come to this MOFO to lose!" Love yall!

Nate
Posted By: airkitty Re: My Latest appointment update! - 08-19-2010 04:04 PM
Right on Nate! It sounds like your attitude and team are solid. We will have our fingers crossed for you and say prayers on the 16th.
Posted By: Nate82 Re: My Latest appointment update! - 08-19-2010 04:11 PM
Thank you soooooo much!! Most surreal situation of my life, that drag racing/mentor friend of mine also found this site for me. I felt so alone and angry for weeks up until just a few days ago and especially after the day we had yesterday. Boy did I almost pass out when they shoved that scope up my nose and down my throat! LoL- Thank you again for the support!
Posted By: wheels Re: My Latest appointment update! - 08-19-2010 11:43 PM
Now you have a couple of weeks to store up some calories, so eat, and drink all those good things. Your positive attitude and willingness to "fight" will help you through the difficult days and times. Before you know it you will begin to see light on the other side of this.
Posted By: EmilyE Re: My Latest appointment update! - 08-20-2010 12:35 AM
right on nate, glad you have it all lined up and a positive attitude. it will be a tough road but you will be able to handle it and you have everyone here for advice and all the support you need.
Posted By: T_WaltersGirl4Ever Re: My Latest appointment update! - 08-21-2010 06:32 AM
Nate, you have taken the first step...having the will to fight and beat this disease. Keep strong!

God Bless,
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum