Hi! I'm Tori and I recently joined and introduced myself in the introductions forum. I'm really not sure what my exact question is, but what I think I'm seeking is maybe some encouragement about the slog of the post-treatment phase. My husband is one month out from his last chemo/radiation and while the acute stress of that phase is over, we are both left feeling discouraged lately. Partly I think that has been how isolated we have been from other people who have gone through this, and maybe not sure how to manage expectations. The medical team has always been kind and sympathetic but vague about what to expect, and maybe that's because there aren't clear answers. My husband hasn't spoken or taken anything orally in two months, because his gag reflex is so shallow. He gags and wretches many times throughout the day, and has to spit a large volume of mucous out all day. Any attempts at speaking lead to a lot of coughing and wretching, so understandably he has become scared and avoidant. Neither of us has a real sense of how long this will take to move through, and if time alone will make this better or if he needs more specialized help. I'm sure many can relate to the feeling of running on adrenaline for months to get through these terrifying and painful surgeries and treatments only to feel like there's no end when its over. Thanks very much for your thoughts.