Thread Like Summary
HobbitHead
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Betts
Betts
I'm not sure how to do this....I'm new here....hello. I had radiation in my mouth for a small tumor in my lower right jaw. I had 10 treatments and now I am at 9 weeks since that ended and my mouth is still hurting and I have to use lidocaine all day long because of the pain. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for healing and how long have you had the mouth pain?
One of the problems is that talking makes my mouth hurt and I love to talk......LOL I don't want to go too far from home because I need to be able to rinse my mouth so often. I do carry a small bottle of the lidocaine/maalox mix and a cup to spit it into. Yuck
And I don't want to go to the park and walk because the pain interferes with any exercise, too. And I miss working out.
I hope someone out there can give me some positive feedback and support.
Thank you.
Betts
Liked Replies
by Jewely
Jewely
Hi,
I had 30 radiation treatments and am three weeks out. My Dr prescribed hydrocodone and lidocaine for the pain from my radiation burn (which was quite extensive) and I constantly used and still use salt water and baking soda rinses (1teaspoon of each in 8 oz water) and the combination helped immensely…. Even waking up at night to rinse when I feel any discomfort. I have already seen major improvement and cut the hydrocodone in less than half of what I started on and no longer need lydocaine. I even ate a steak last night! I would certs consider a check in with your Dr just to have them take a peek and discuss options. Best of luck!
1 member likes this
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23