My dad had Stage IV cancer twice, and had two mandiblectomies, chemo, radiation and a wide mouth resection. Right after his second surgery, he had a lot of drooling because his mouth was so swollen it wouldn't close. He has some nerve damage and they removed his gums on one side, so he has a hard time containing the spit. He said when he lays down, he has dry mouth, but when he's sitting up, he has more than enough drool.

We met with a speech therapist shortly after the second surgery. She said sometimes people will get injections into their lips to help with some rigidity, or to make the sides even, or to help the lips seal. She said they also make little tablets you put in your mouth to dry up the saliva that's in there. She taught him some exercises to do several times a day to help with making certain sounds and closing his mouth. In the end, three years later, dad didn't do anything about it, but I know it bothers him. He wears a mask out in public (thanks to the pandemic) and that has helped a lot with his embarrassment. He also cleans his computer screen all the time, and doesn't eat in public if he can help it. Sorry I don't have much helpful information. I wish you luck! You're not alone. For what it's worth, no one else in my family is embarrassed that my dad spits. We're so glad he's still here.