Respectfully, you are asking about things here that you have no control over, and will likely never impact your life. Remember that the data after many years shows that only about .9% of the American population will have a non resolving HPV infection that cascades into a cancer. That makes your risk in all this very low and not worthy of changing your sexual life.

I will answer one of your questions tonight. Condoms do provide good but not perfect protection. As a male there is always an area around the base of the penis that is not covered. This will come in contact with your partner. That area is not at risk for cancer but genital warts caused by HPV. As to the types of testing you are referring to, those are generally not available to the public, used mostly by researchers, and are wildly expensive.

Each day I get between 15-25 emails from oral cancer patients, most who are in difficult situations or needing information about immunotherapy’s that are still in clinical trials. I need to devote my time to actual patients and care givers, so I won’t right now be able to get into the minutiae of your questions, which the answers to will not impact your life. I hope you do not find this rude, but in the next few weeks if time permits I will try to answer you a bit more.

Your can set your account to email you when anyone posts a reply to your thread. Please do that and in the hopefully near future I will reply further. If it makes you feel more secure there is no harm in getting vaccinated, millions have without issue. But in general I do not advise it to most people that have had a few sex partners. HPV is without question the most common sexually transmitted infection and pretty much every sexually active person will be infected at some point. You probably already have been and your immune system has taken care of it without any signs or symptoms of the event.