Hi Garvin

Welcome to OCF. First, everyone responds differently to RX but I will share my experience. I had 30 days of RX and 60Gy to mouth and neck last year. I had all the normal neck burns, mouth pain, and loss of taste. I also experienced thrush 3x but it was fairly easily controlled with medicine. Food and sensativity of neck, tongue etc continued to increase thru all treatment and 2 weeks after. My medical team warned me that I will bottom out about 2 weeks after my last radiation appt. They were right. Most everything came back fairly fast but flavors. I still struggle with anything spicy but it continues to get better every couple weeks. Dental issues continue as my saliva has improved but remains light most likely for the rest of my life.

Get a vitamix or similar. I used to play with all kinds of recipes but had to go blander and blander the deeper into treatment we went. At the end/worst i was only able to eat a few things - some tricks - add avacados to everything, taste was fine and lots of calories, scrambled eggs tasted fine, pancakes, french toast, vanilla yogurt, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, green beans, jello, boost, ensure, chocolate milk, simple soups, chicken pot pie...just keep trying stuff (careful of salty, any spice, pepper, etc). Any fruits with any acid tasted terrible such as a orange or grape or apple. I was able to do bananas almost all the way thru.

Praying for you.

Nels